Poll

How is salvation achieved?

Salvation is only for those of faith in a specific church that is the body of Christ.
Salvation is by faith alone, however genuine faith shows good works and/or repentance.
Salvation is by faith alone, and faith does not show and/or require works.
Salvation is by faith and good works.
Salvation is through faith and repentance only.
Salvation is achieved through other means.

Author Topic: Christianity Megathread  (Read 20396 times)

allegedly.
Haha I know what you mean

I'm not actually defending it I'm just saying that Muslims believe that and Christians realize their Bible is written by man

i believe in cloister the stupid, personally

i just want to barf my opinion on here: I don't really pay attention nor care about what people believe in terms of god or similar, so much that I'm very uneducated on the subject. in general however, no. I don't believe that a single being has created and is managing this entire universe. I wouldn't doubt that someone tried to come up with a theory about how everything was created by imagining that a single being had done it all. there's too many unanswered questions: does god exist? who wrote the bible? where's the proof that god ever existed? all of these questions really make me believe that it's all made up. I mean, the person who wrote the bible must've witnessed all of this happening right? how would there be a 'narrator' on all that's happened in the bible? it's all confusing to me and in general I usually keep quiet since I'm uneducated on religion, but hey, it feels good to just dump your opinion on the internet right?

That must be when furries, gender discomfort, and loveually explicit fanfictions became big, and he was just like, "I've done what I can but they're too far gone. I already promised after the flood that I wouldn't destroy the earth again so I'll just leave them to fester and destroy themselves."

And it only gets worse.

I want a second flood asap

snip
Well, The bible was written by many people, Not just 1 Specific person, And the writers did witness these things happen, Mosses did alot of the old testimate, and alot of the new testimate was written by Mathew Mark Luke and John 3 of Jesus's apostles.

And the writers did witness these things happen

i witnessed jesus come back to life and i watched as he stole my neighbour's car

i witnessed jesus come back to life and i watched as he stole my neighbour's car
black jesus

i just want to barf my opinion on here: I don't really pay attention nor care about what people believe in terms of god or similar, so much that I'm very uneducated on the subject. in general however, no. I don't believe that a single being has created and is managing this entire universe. I wouldn't doubt that someone tried to come up with a theory about how everything was created by imagining that a single being had done it all. there's too many unanswered questions: does god exist? who wrote the bible? where's the proof that god ever existed? all of these questions really make me believe that it's all made up. I mean, the person who wrote the bible must've witnessed all of this happening right? how would there be a 'narrator' on all that's happened in the bible? it's all confusing to me and in general I usually keep quiet since I'm uneducated on religion, but hey, it feels good to just dump your opinion on the internet right?

The Bible is a collection of different books and mstar fishcripts written at different times in history, and it includes books from both B.C. and A.D. eras by different authors. I'll link you to a Wikipedia page with claims about the dates and authors of the books of the bible, although I may search for primary or other secondary sources later and put links to them in the OP.

Update:
I've added a couple additional links in my second post on the first page and I added an additional link in the OP.
I've also added a poll for denominational preference, and I kept it to the three major denominational categories to exclude the possibility of scattered answers.

Here are the results from the last poll:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:31:43 PM by Dr_Zegobob »

Oh, I didn't know we had any Orthodox Christians here.  Who is that?

what's the basis for genesis and whatnot? how could man know how the world was created?

what's the basis for genesis and whatnot? how could man know how the world was created?
The only actual way to view the book of genesis is through metaphor glasses. If you look at it in a literal basis then it factually falls apart at the seams. I'm not sure if this is just because of repeated mistranslations or if it was actually written that way originally, but we don't even know who the original author/authors were, or as far as I know, any story as to its inception like we have for some of the later books.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 11:51:47 PM by Ipquarx »