2 (0.7%)
Islam
3 (1.1%)
Other (Explain perhaps?)
27 (9.9%)
Satanist
12 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 272

Author Topic: Religion Poll (Please take a second to take!)  (Read 11787 times)

I've been pretty interested in the religious ratio on Blockland, I'm assumed that the majority is Atheist / Agnostic, but there's all sorts.

If you want to argue, I suggest you at least know what you are talking about, if you are to just bash someone, or tell someone their religion is false or they are going to hell, save the breath, it's not worth it.

Any real discussion should be focused at the percentage of the polls, or religious relativeness with Blockland.

Feel free to put your input on religion, a story, what and why you believe it. This could be a good oppertonity to share a little as to why you believe what you do.
And if you don't have a believe and simply say "I believe in nothing" please don't make it sound disrespectful like "I don't believe in a stupid god" kind of deal.

Just be mature guys. Good talk.

My religious believe is mostly Humanist. I believe there is a God but I put my values above religious traditions and sacraments. I'm also very disgusted with churches and mainly anything that associates WestBoro. I'm Pro-Gay and I've argued people to the bone with this situation and I still will not change my views.

Day One Edit:

In the first day we've racked up these amazing votes.

The heighest vote being Atheist. Christian to Atheist ratio is 58% Atheist, 42% Christian.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:10:08 AM by Dillpickle »

Just for the sake of appearances, you should add an other option.

Just for the sake of appearances, you should add an other option.
Oh, right. Thank you.

I started as a very moderate christian, then I read and studied the bible in school, and I found that I wasn't very sure that it all made sense to me, so I became super religious (in an attempt to fight the doubts I had, I believe).

Then I just stopped believing and turned to philosophy to try and understand the world and others, and it has been pretty great so far.

I started as a very moderate christian, then I read and studied the bible in school, and I found that I wasn't very sure that it all made sense to me, so I became super religious (in an attempt to fight the doubts I had, I believe).

Then I just stopped believing and turned to philosophy to try and understand the world and others, and it has been pretty great so far.
That was me for the most part of my life. Raised in a lutheran tradition with a very conservative like church, old fashion and all. About the time they had Confirmation I had doubts because I also went to a youth group for many years which was a non domination church, meaning straight from the Bible stuff, which made my views in accepting the Holy Spirit altered cause as a lutheran I had to be confirmed, whereas non domin. you just accepted Jesus. Both those ideas battled back and forth and I just decided it wasn't worth trying to make a fuss about. Eventually I've decided that churches are just stupid because of how bigot most people are and how perfect you have to be. I'm also certain having depression for half a year awhile ago really altered my views about a God being there for me all the time and having everything I needed so. I still believe there is a God, and I will pray, or read the Bible, but I just won't make it a big aspect of my life to where it has to intervier with other relationships with people or activities.  

-snip- Go to hell you forgeter.

The way I see it, God is one of three possibilities.

To define each of these, omnipotent - all powerful, omniscient - all knowing, loving/apathetic - caring/uncaring

1.  Omnipotent, omniscient, uncaring - here god just doesn't care, he allows evil to occur just because

2.  not omnipotent, omniscient, caring - here god can't stop everything, he has the will to but he just doesn't have the power to.  (therefore not a god).

3.  omnipotent, not omniscient, caring - here god can stop everything, and wants to, but he doesn't know about everything going on.  this would be an explanation for miracles.  miracles only occur because god is in the spot when tragedy occurs and knows about it, and can stop it.

I reject the second and third ideas, and if there is a god like #1, I wouldn't think he'd care much for our worship.

-This was gay research before it was removed-
I'm guessing you're not a Christian, then. :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:33:02 PM by ShadowYoshi294 »

I'm going to lock this until that spammer gets banned.

Well, good we got that guy banned. unlocked.

(This sounds bad).

I'm almost glad that I didn't grow up going to church, praying, and learning about God. I'm sure people would feel differently if they have gone to church and done all that other stuff their whole life, but I feel like I have more freedom knowing that I don't have to believe anything that my parents, my friends, or anyone else believes. Knowing that I don't have to know certain things and I don't have to pray to someone or something that I have never seen or heard makes me feel more in control of my life.

Ummm...YOU FORGOT The Baha'i Faith dude!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bah%C3%A1%27%C3%AD_Faith
If this is your faith you'd select other, since I have up only the mainstream religions.

(This sounds bad).

I'm almost glad that I didn't grow up going to church, praying, and learning about God. I'm sure people would feel differently if they have gone to church and done all that other stuff their whole life, but I feel like I have more freedom knowing that I don't have to believe anything that my parents, my friends, or anyone else believes. Knowing that I don't have to know certain things and I don't have to pray to someone or something that I have never seen or heard makes me feel more in control of my life.
I like that, I've been given all this rules and all this stuff that you can and can not do and if you do this you're a bad person and I'm not gonna keep up this false barrier and try to protect me from the "bad". I don't go by many peoples 'rules'. rebel.