Author Topic: [NEWS]Donald Annoying Orange vows to destroy Johnson Amendment  (Read 1182 times)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-Annoying Orange-destroy-johnson-amendment-religious-freedom-separation-church-state-a7559421.html

I honestly don't even know anymore.  This entire article is clickbait yet at the same time I don't want Muslims funding CIA organizations.

/discuss

How's he gonna say religious freedom is under threat when he's the one threatening it

But anyway, this is a pretty blatant Republican power move.

strange, this seems like more of a pence thing to do

strange, this seems like more of a pence thing to do
I'm sure his "advisors" suggested it

haha just give him more time he just got in office

This is something I really have to disagree with Annoying Orange on. While as a Christian I believe it is important for us to have Christians in government and Christians voting in elections and to have Christian laws governing our country, churches themselves as organizations should not be donating to or involving themselves in political elections. That only leads to bitterness and dissent in congregations and further drives people away from church, if they were to end up partisan like that. Oh and also because churches are tax-exempt. Christ is for all people, not just republicans, nor just democrats.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:01:24 PM by Planr »

I thought the Johnson Amendment was the opposite of what it actually was for a moment

disappointing

EDIT:
independent is left-leaning and you have only that source
any more?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 06:07:56 PM by Tactical Nuke »

While as a Christian I believe it is important for us to have Christians in government and Christians voting in elections and to have Christian laws governing our country, churches themselves as organizations should not be donating to or involving themselves in political elections.

We need to be as further away from religion as possible, not closer.

That only leads to bitterness and dissent in congregations and further drives people away from church, if they were to end up partisan like that. Oh and also because churches are tax-exempt. Christ is for all people, not just republicans, nor just democrats.

That's the cold reality. There is no god and we are all going to die and everything we do is an illusion of free will made up of chemical reactions in the brain which are pre-determined.

We don't need religion, get it the forget out of here.

Religion is probably the absolute worst thing we have, get it out of here. Save that stuff for third world countries, countries that need something to believe in while they eat stuff and drink parasitic water because that's all they have.

So they need to believe that they will go to a much happier place when they die from the parasitic water.

That's the cold reality. There is no god and we are all going to die and everything we do is an illusion of free will made up of chemical reactions in the brain which are pre-determined.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CePGYgIZ8xY

made up of chemical reactions in the brain which are pre-determined.
sounds like you need solipsism

haha just give him more time he just got in office
He's got eight years to work with and I'm willing to wait. Rome wasn't built in a day, child.

We need to be as further away from religion as possible, not closer.

We don't need religion, get it the forget out of here.
Religion is probably the absolute worst thing we have, get it out of here. Save that stuff for third world countries, countries that need something to believe in while they eat stuff and drink parasitic water because that's all they have.

So they need to believe that they will go to a much happier place when they die from the parasitic water.