Author Topic: What would you do? Hypothetical sitchy-ation  (Read 2289 times)

the clone travels, but it can't teleport (hopefully)

find a teleporter, use it to teleport a bit away, destroy the teleporter so that the clone wouldn't use it

This begs the question: When was the clone made?
A minute ago? When exactly is "a minute ago"?
A minute ago from reading the phrase "a minute ago"?
A minute ago from entering the building?
A minute ago from your birth?
A minute ago from a minute in the future?

desync it by jumping off a wall into the ceiling. you will stop but your clone will not.

the clone travels, but it can't teleport (hopefully)

find a teleporter, use it to teleport a bit away, destroy the teleporter so that the clone wouldn't use it
Oo
I like this idea

Well I was thinking a minute prior to your current actions within the building. So you walk down a hallway and cough, he walks down the hallway and coughs a minute later
But you could always talk about other similar situations with different time-frames too

desync it by jumping off a wall into the ceiling. you will stop but your clone will not.
That's an interesting idea too. If you have this overpowered thing mimicing you, does it mimic you colliding with stuff- and therefore stay in sync, or does it desync by not being hindered by physical objects like you are

what if you do everything moving backwards? presuming it doesn't start exactly from where you're standing then you can move backwards and then it will also move backwards and then displace itself so you can do everything you'd usually do, but moving backwards to get to places

i mean its a bit of an inconvienience but you'd get over it if it means you dont die

this is like that super Mario Galaxy 2 stage

I would kill myself and hope the clone dies as well.

Get in an elevator, go upwards. Do to the minute difference the clone will miss the elevator, burn through the door, fall down the elevator shaft and ideally to the center of the earth. It will then be mimicking you from the core.

barricade the door behind me quickly.

most of those ideas depend on the fact that gravity applies on your clone

damn this would make an awesome thriller, kinda like it follows but far more fast paced

walk over a trapdoor then open it

Now to make things more challenging- let's assume this clone is made of energy- not matter. As in it can't get "killed." Again, you touch it, you die. It can probably either pass through or melt/burn through any physical obstacle.
Now how do you stop it?
in that case I would just stand still for sixty seconds
I'm pretty much doomed anyway. either fall asleep and die from the clone, or don't fall asleep and die from sleep deprivation

Build a non-stop circular conveyor belt and just live on it. Have your necessities close by so you can shift them onto the belt as you need them, and shift them off.
Live the rest of your life on a travellator followed by your clone-ghost.

Shoot myself in the head. Hey at least I'd take the clone down with me.