Author Topic: Folks, we have Buildable Vehicles. - Convention Pictures on Page 16  (Read 19563 times)

People got out, but nobody got to drive a car like me! :3
I got out and drove before any member of the public did :cookieMonster:

I got out and drove before any member of the public did :cookieMonster:

Bitch if I'm a member of the public ur RONG

Gonna fix Z tomorrow
should be simple, just changiing a few lines.

When i tested this at Mr.LoL's server a couple weeks back they seemed to be very buggy and in movement the parts seemed very unstable and fell behind. At least in internet play build able vehicles are a bad idea unless they are drastically improved before public release.

Holy stuff that's an old copy gtfo

So its stuff then.

Great. Knew this was gonna be a disappointment.

So its stuff then.

Wait what

Wait what
I think hes talking about how whenever you move the bricks lag behind

So its stuff then.

Excuse me? This is being developed. If you don't like it, save it for when it's released. Because by the time it's released, it won't do these things. No one understands the point of development anymore.

So its stuff then.

Excuse me? This is being developed. If you don't like it, save it for when it's released. Because by the time it's released, it won't do these things. No one understands the point of development anymore.

I think almost everyone knows you're never going to see a good scripted implementation of buildable vehicles. These things always look "okay" when you're by yourself on a singleplayer server but once you try this online it just degrades to such a ridiculous point and puts an unreasonable strain on the server. Even with engine changes this would be a massive and complex undertaking - it's just not feasible to do via the scripting engine and to be frank, you're wasting your time if you think you're going to end up with something half decent.

If your add-on requires a constant fast-running scripted loop or anything like that, essentially you're doing it wrong.

I'm backing Ephi on this one, Torque is simply too slow to sustain this kind of feature. It's a ridiculous amount of vector calculations to even get these things to run, and Torque's poor little VM heart just can't take that many calculations on such a short loop to support both visual adequacy and performance requirements. Put simply, it's impossible to make this in Torque without sacrificing both performance and acceptable levels of visual quality. It's fancy that you guys were able to get the vector calculations correct to do this after bugging me so many times in the past, so congrats on the Add-On, but it's not really something that requires showboating.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 06:15:40 AM by Trinick! »

If it's lagging behind can't you compensate for that by multiplying the distance traveled by some combination of FPS and the number of bricks or something?

Also oh wow how big is that video. It's STILL processing.

If it's lagging behind can't you compensate for that by multiplying the distance traveled by some combination of FPS and the number of bricks or something?

Also oh wow how big is that video. It's STILL processing.

Its broken. He'll probably have to reupload it, happened to a video of mine once.

I was really hoping these would be good, seeing those pictures was upsetting :c

I appreciate the hard work Jeep. Oh, and I don't know if you knew this, but the vehicles were causing an issue with ghosting as well.