Clonk Rage

Author Topic: Clonk Rage  (Read 21661 times)

This game would be perfect if they fixed the controls. 

This game would be perfect if they fixed the controls. 

you have to get used to them :)

How do you dig out areas for underground bases? I can only get it to dig straight, how do you dig out the roof ;o

Dig left, dig down a tiny bit, dig right, dig down a tiny bit, dig left etc. etc.

Jookia: I AM SICK OF THESE MOTHER F'ING SNAKES IN THIS MOTHERF'ING MINESHAFT

I just noticed that the Dark Castle takes a loong time to build even with 4 clonks helping and it takes lots of materials!

Yep, collecting the 20 rocks was annoying.

Someone host, I am bored :(

How do you get pass the horrible AI? For example I want my character to dig but he starts running the other way?

I think that the game's AI sucks, the level design for some of the worlds can screw you over easily, because of glitches, it's possible to get stuck while climbing and have to leave.  Point is, this game is more trouble that it's worth.

I think that the game's AI sucks, the level design for some of the worlds can screw you over easily, because of glitches, it's possible to get stuck while climbing and have to leave.  Point is, this game is more trouble that it's worth.

Thats because you gotta be proactive and not dig holes for the sake of it. But if you don't like it, I'm fine witht hat; personally I love it, and while I do get screwed over often, I'll just get someone else to dig me out :3

But there is never any good servers :(
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 03:13:54 AM by Antallion »

The reason the AI sucks is because you're using the mouse. Don't use the mouse unless you have like 100 gold and want someone to build a sawmill without you having to manage them, so you can keep mining more gold.

Chances are the AI won't be able to get out of your mines. Then again, I build huge underground strip mines that can only be exited using haggle and grapple, until I can get a lorry and an elevator. Even then, I still use the strip mine technique so I extract every ounce of every element sitting around underground. But it goes faster since I have an elevator and a lorry.

Doesn't seem really efficient though, maybe I'll try a buying an elevator right in the beginning and only mining the deposits instead of the whole map.

I finished recreating my "Build a Castle" scenerio where you start out with 80 construction kits and can buy more free from your tent. Now I'm working on a variant of the underwater scenario where you start out with 3 glass domes and can only build normal buildings, not underwater buildings. Although I'm going to have to mod the foundry so you can make metals and glass out of coral. I'll probably also have to make wood mine-able from petrified wood deposits or something.

Oh, also working on a nuclear power plant mod. You shove a piece of uranium in it and powers a few things for the rest of the game, having it blown up or burned down is a bad idea though. I got tired of having to put coal in my power plants.

When you say strip mining do you mean digging a huge whole in the ground so it is exposed to the air?  Interesting idea.

In other news...how the hell do you do the Frontier mission? There is no way to climb the cliff and there are fricking dinosaurs and a shark! OMGWTFBBQ

How the hell do you do the Frontier mission? There is no way to climb the cliff and there are fricking dinosaurs and a shark! OMGWTFBBQ

You start off by grabbing your flag and then digging under that lake. There is loam around there so you quickly make a loam barrier in your tunnel. Then you make your way over to the cabin. The rest is self explanatory and the main goal is in the description of the mission on the title screen.

Frontier is hard, You'd be best off doing it online or something... If someone would host!

How the hell do you do the Frontier mission? There is no way to climb the cliff and there are fricking dinosaurs and a shark! OMGWTFBBQ

You start off by grabbing your flag and then digging under that lake. There is loam around there so you quickly make a loam barrier in your tunnel. Then you make your way over to the cabin. The rest is self explanatory and the main goal is in the description of the mission on the title screen.

Ah ok...tunnel makes sense. When I started the mission I was like "OMGWTFBBQ an unclimbable cliff? dinosaurs!?! AND A SHARK!!!  >:O"

I only have the demo, am I still able to play online with others...and will anyone start a server for it?

i need halp port forwarding... D: