Author Topic: scary stories  (Read 88925 times)

Really? Damn. That's the one I've read. Must have found the wrong one.

I thought it looked kinda bad. So does the book have the same name?

Some boys and girls were at a party one night. There was a graveyard down the street and, they were talking about how scary it was.
"Don't ever stand on a grave after dark," one of the boys said. "The person inside will grab you. He'll pull you under."
"That's not true," one of the girls said. "It's just a superstition."
"I'll give you a dollar if you stand on a grave," said the boy.
"A grave doesn't scare me," said the girl. "I'll do it right now."
The boy handed her his knife. "Stick this knife in one of the graves," he said. "Then we'll know you were there."
The graveyard was filled with shadows and was as quiet as death. "There is nothing to be scared of," the girl told her self, but she was scared anyway.
She picked out a grave and stood on it. Then quickly she bent over and plunged the knife into the soil, and she started to leave. But she couldn't get away. Something was holding her back! She tried a second time to leave, but she couldn't move. She was filled with terror.
"Something has got me!" she screamed, and she fell to the ground.
When she didn't come back, the others went to look for her. They found her body sprawled across the grave. Without realizing it, she had plunged the knife through her skirt and had pinned it to the ground. It was only the kife that held her. She had died of fright.

that scary enough for you. I almost collapsed just typing it. plus there are plenty more where that came from.

Some boys and girls were at a party one night. There was a graveyard down the street and, they were talking about how scary it was.
"Don't ever stand on a grave after dark," one of the boys said. "The person inside will grab you. He'll pull you under."
The boy handed her his knife. "Stick this knife in one of the graves," he said. "Then we'll know you were there."
The graveyard was filled with shadows and was as quiet as death. "There is nothing to be scared of," the girl told her self, but she was scared anyway.
She picked out a grave and stood on it. Then quickly she bent over and plunged the knife into the soil, and she started to leave. But she couldn't get away. Something was holding her back! She tried a second time to leave, but she couldn't move. She was filled with terror.
When she didn't come back, the others went to look for her. They found her body sprawled across the grave. Without realizing it, she had plunged the knife through her skirt and had pinned it to the ground. It was only the kife that held her. She had died of fright.
During your copypasta you screwed up the spacing.
I almost collapsed just typing it.
Nice try at plagarism.

Quote from: Scary Stories to Tell In the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

The Girl Who Stood on a Grave

Some boys and girls were at a party one night. There was a graveyard down the street, and they were talking about how scary it was.

The graveyard was filled with shadows and was as quiet as death. "There is nothing to be scared of," the girl told herself, but she was scared anyway.

When she didn't come back, the others went to look for her. They found her body sprawled across the grave. Without realizing it, she had plunged the knife through her skirt and had pinned it to the ground. It was only the knife that held her. She had died of fright.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:08:19 AM by Jimmg »

no i heard it somewheres and it wouldn't let me tab. plus i didn't copy-paste it i typed it.

besides, how do authers deal with typing and writing all the time.

(typers cramp)
soerry

no i heard it somewheres and it wouldn't let me tab. plus i didn't copy-paste it i typed it.

besides, how do authers deal with typing and writing all the time.

(typers cramp)
soerry
Uhuh.

Not exactly scary, but whatever.

Okay, this school I go to was a manor with a rich family. They had a maid named, "Eliza", she died, but I forgot how.

The Headmaster told a story that one day there was someone in to fix an appliance, and he put a chair in front of it, then stepped out of the room for a moment. When he returned, the chair was on the other side of the room.

At Halloween  there's a sleepover planned for middle school students. we went down into the basement to see if we can find Eliza. Halfway through this really huge basement, something got knocked over and crashed with a loud bang. Everyone got so scared they ran up to the basement stairs screaming. When we got out, my friend told me, "That wasn't a ghost, I accidentally knocked something over. I wanted to tell you guys but you were scream loud and ran away too quick."

Good times...

Somebody do one about Mothman. That stuff would be awesome.

Somebody do one about Mothman. That stuff would be awesome.

Once upon a time...sorry, I forget the rest, but it turns out Mothman had love with your mom 9 months before you were born.  :cookieMonster:

The end.

Somewhere in West Philadelphia, you will find an old basketball court with a single ball lying in the middle. Pick it up and start shooting hoops. After a while, a small group of hooligans will approach you and challenge you to a fight, which you must accept.

After the fight, you must go home and relay the events to your mother. She will then inform you that you have an aunt and uncle living in one of the districts of Los Angeles, and out of fear, she will send you to live there for an indefinite period of time.

With your bags packed, go to the street corner, and whistle for a cab. The cab that will pull up will bear the word FRESH on the license plate, and upon closer inspection, novelty fuzzy dice will hang in the mirror. Although you will suddenly realize that cabs like these are extremely hard to find, do not bear any thought to it. At this point you MUST point out in front of the car and say ‘Yo homes to Bel Air’. You will stop in front of a mansion, and it will be sometime between 7 and 8 o’clock, even though it will feel like you’ve been traveling mere seconds. Get your luggage out and say ‘Yo homes, smell ya later!’, but do NOT turn back to face the cabby. Walk up to the door, look over your shoulder once, and then knock on the door three times.

If you follow these instructions, your life will get flip-turned upside-down.

orgodemirk, were are you getting these from?