Author Topic: mediafire now blocks you out when using an adblocker  (Read 11469 times)

im 14, very nearly 15
what are you implying

did you legitimately not understand what he meant by that

did you legitimately not understand what he meant by that
it was not needed and did not contribute to the argument

it was not needed and did not contribute to the argument

insults are never needed but people can do them, so i still don't know what you mean
also are you oblivious to the words 'condom' and 'don't reproduce'

insults are never needed but people can do them, so i still don't know what you mean
also are you oblivious to the words 'condom' and 'don't reproduce'
im not but i was trying to counter it with a joke
you're taking this too far and you need to stop

Were you only pretending?

what joke? i seriously need to see where the joke was in that because i saw no joke
i haven't even gone 'too far', your choice of words and sentences are legitimately confusing me

The only real problem are the people still using Mediafire when there are numerous objectively better file hosting websites out there.

maybe maintaining a business which relies entirely on advertisements during an era of the internet where many people are aware that client side ad blockers exist is a bad idea?

anyway, media fire has their pro options, meaning they don't only rely on adverts lmao

honestly, internet adverts are just a relic from TV/radio adverts, marketing guys in suits thought they can make extra money by carrying the idea over. i guess they're kinda pissed that it's so easy to work around. the best part is instead of adverting the actual product, they resort to deceptive "DOWNLOAD NOW" buttons to trick the unaware.

kind of reminds me of a research site tbh, minus the research and the "enlarge your richard today" adverts

The only real problem are the people still using Mediafire when there are numerous objectively better file hosting websites out there.
this i agree with

maybe maintaining a business which relies entirely on advertisements during an era of the internet where many people are aware that client side ad blockers exist is a bad idea?

anyway, media fire has their pro options, meaning they don't only rely on adverts lmao
literally 99% of websites rely on ads in this day and age. even blockland forums does. i guess supporting yourself as a business by earning money is a bad idea?

no website relies entirely on their pro options. the amount of money generated by ads far exceeds that generated by premium accounts, which is why they use ads.

look
it even has the mediafire logo for the hard of eyesight such as yourself
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 09:44:31 AM by PhantOS »

literally 99% of websites rely on ads in this day and age. even blockland forums does.
hahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahhahahaahhahahahaah
hahahaha

i just get ptsd sometimes when i click the mediafire download button and new windows and tabs open up like if you're going to advertise set rules for other advertisers or some stuff when you're doing "free service" that stuff's legitimately risky

hahahaha

do you just have nothing else to contribute so you make needless reactionary text/images

hahahaha

the 1% being wikipedia and nothing else

go ahead prove me wrong

do you just have nothing else to contribute so you make needless reactionary text/images
The blockland forums runs on ads? You tell me.

mediafire's advertising is still really shady. i hate that i get a pop up ad when i click download which for some reason bypasses my adblocker and it tries to give me a virus.
im fine if mediafire needs to make money by advertising, but they can't just give out viruses like this with pop ups.

The blockland forums runs on ads? You tell me.
i guess adbot suddenly doesn't exist https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=109963

but they can't just give out viruses like this with pop ups.
they aren't. mediafire isn't doing anything except hosting files. if you want to get angry at someone, get angry at whoever made the ad in the first place.