Author Topic: Steam controller revealed: its ugly as hell  (Read 6715 times)

lmao playstation controllers are the worst
IMO the ds4 controller feels very comfortable

I'm looking at the grips on that controller, and I think I can see the problem

They built it backwards

IMO the ds4 controller feels very comfortable
Yeah they made it a more comfortable shape but they haven't figured out where the left thumbstick goes yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ayB6U3l2g&feature=youtu.be&t=7m20s

Close-up of the steam controller in use.
I looked at the video and I'll be honest; it looks completely fine to use. It doesn't look like the the buttons are uncomfortably placed, or the stick or whatever it's called.

I looked at the video and I'll be honest; it looks completely fine to use. It doesn't look like the the buttons are uncomfortably placed, or the stick or whatever it's called.
Later a guy is playing Unreal Tournament with it and it looked fine.

The gamecube controller is the most important controller. That's why it's survived 3 generations of Nintendo consoles.

this applies to every controller design ever made.

the n64 controller looked like a carrot yet it was still easy to use
the gamecube controller is loving stuff yet it's the most popular controller ever
the wii u gamepad looks like a loving monolith yet it's comfortable as forget
i'm sure the same would apply to the steam controller

but they haven't figured out where the left thumbstick goes yet.
but the steam controller is the same way except twice as bad because the buttons are moved as well

i think the steam controller looks great

Yeah they made it a more comfortable shape but they haven't figured out where the left thumbstick goes yet.
Am I the only one not bugged by this? I can go switch between both controller layouts eaily with no problem and I feel like having the dpad on the left side makes it better for 2d games.

looks fine. its just a change to the controller design the market has known for so long.

two brown townog sticks, 8-12 buttons.

honestly the track pad adds more ability to the game, giving devs more combinations to do things. it'd be useful for fighting games.