Author Topic: Amazon stole my money!  (Read 4466 times)

Last time Amazon sent me something two weeks late, I contacted them about it. They apologized, sent me a new thing with express shipping, and when I accidentally got two, they told me to keep it.

From my experience, Amazon will do anything to regain your trust, as they did for me. If speaking to a live representative either by voice or email, talk to your bank and they will bend over backwards to get your trust back.
Big companies will suck your richard to keep you as a customer, they know that if they start making customers mad then they'll lose a lot of business

Big companies will suck your richard to keep you as a customer
especially richard suckers inc

you get your money back and amazon gets in huge stuff.

The issue with that is if he issues a chargeback on his card and the funds are returned, his card may be blacklisted from use on Amazon.

It happened to my mom with Steam. We had a misunderstanding between what I bought on Steam and she issued a chargeback thinking it was fraud, and her card was blocked from use.

The issue with that is if he issues a chargeback on his card and the funds are returned, his card may be blacklisted from use on Amazon.

It happened to my mom with Steam. We had a misunderstanding between what I bought on Steam and she issued a chargeback thinking it was fraud, and her card was blocked from use.
Yeah but if Amazon won't help him, that's his only option
Plus a new card number is easy to get