Author Topic: server ping is high  (Read 1743 times)

Could be your ISP's fault

whats an ISP?
now my skull is caved in. search ISP on google.

now my skull is caved in. search ISP on google.
god why cant you take a question?

yea th@s what i saw/searched
then why did you say you didn't know what an isp was
and why did you use someone else's avatar

i don't mean to be unhelpful but
it is kind of your isp's fault
we cant really fix that

then why did you say you didn't know what an isp was
and why did you use someone else's avatar
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=236863.0

Generally high ping just means you have bad internet, and nothing you do (other than upgrading) will help.

It's possible an add-on is lowering your speed though. Try moving your entire add-ons folder to the desktop, and launch the game. It will reinstall all default add-ons, so you'll be able to see if an add-on is slowing you down.

Generally high ping just means you have bad internet, and nothing you do (other than upgrading) will help.

It's possible an add-on is lowering your speed though. Try moving your entire add-ons folder to the desktop, and launch the game. It will reinstall all default add-ons, so you'll be able to see if an add-on is slowing you down.
how much does upgrading internet cost?

how much does upgrading internet cost?
probably like $200+...
It's really not that simple. The home owner generally pays a monthly fee depending on how fast the internet is and how many devices it supports. They usually range from 25$ a month to 200$ a month.

It's really not that simple. The home owner generally pays a monthly fee depending on how fast the internet is and how many devices it supports. They usually range from 25$ a month to 200$ a month.
they as in me? (were talking about my server here, btw.)

they as in me? (were talking about my server here, btw.)
Upgrading your internet purely for good hosting speeds is a really bad idea. You should try purchasing RTB Hosting (https://hosting.returntoblockland.com/hosting) It costs 5$ a month on the best plan, and gives you access to not only great hosting speeds, but tons of neat options. You can leave the server up for months without ever joining it, and alter the server purely from the website. It has a lot of great features and it's dedicated, and it has outstanding speeds.

I got it because I couldn't host very well, and I couldn't live without it now. You should consider buying it.