Author Topic: Terrain Bricks  (Read 13722 times)

Terrain Bricks

Description
As most of you know, v21 will be removing Interiors and Terrains to allow further progression of Blockland's engine. Without terrains, maps will all be flat, and new terrains must be made of bricks. Due to Blockland's trust system, other players' bricks can't be placed on the bricks placed by the host as the terrain, and thus any form of building on a terrain is gone. The only work around for this by default is to give everyone trust with the host, which they can then use to destroy the terrain, and abuse on other servers.

This add-on fixes that problem. Bricks may be placed as terrain bricks, which cannot be painted or destroyed (unless the player is in terrain mode, admin only), but can still be built on. The bricks are not owned by the person that placed them, but instead by a fictional Terrain player (BL_ID: 2). Restarting a server will not clear the terrain bricks.

Although this is made specifically for terrains, it can also be used as just public blocks that can be built on by anyone, such as lots in a floating city.

Commands
/terrainMode - Toggles building in terrain mode
/setTerrainMode <player> - Toggles terrain mode of the given player
/terrainBuild - Toggles allowing players to build on terrain bricks.

Downloads
Download (Localhostr)
Permissions Mod Compatible (Localhostr)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:21:59 PM by Scout31 »

If they cannot be destroyed, and do not go away... how do you remove them if you made a mistake? or if someone spams them all over?

You must be an admin to build in terrain mode (or set someone in terrain mode), and you can destroy terrain bricks while in terrain mode.

Oh alright. Should have specified that in OP.

EDIT: Must have missed it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 01:31:07 AM by Sabbin »

Sounds promising, but i don't host that much at all.

Updated OP
Bricks may be placed as terrain bricks, which cannot be painted or destroyed (unless the player is in terrain mode, admin only), but can still be built on.

I haven't been on blockland lately v21 what's going on in that update

This is pretty awesome, now we just need good bricks for terrain.

oh nice dude this will be very helpful Perhaps an RTB pref for toggling and what level of admin you have to be to turn it on?

Looks good. I can see it would help say if someone were to make Mini Empires or something of that nature.. I dunno.. Anyways I like it

Finally. Can anyone build on it?

Everyone can build on it. You can turn this off, but by default it's turned on.

I hope this system isnt used when the next version is released.
I liked Wedges idea tons better. I would say this is a nice filler until the release but it really has no purpose until v21 comes out...