Author Topic: #gamergate megathread  (Read 123070 times)

I'm going to go ahead and doubt that.

A bunch of richardheads on Gamasutra believe that. However, the majority of the devs who have and will post there actually give a stuff about video games.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DevinWilson/20140828/224450/A_Guide_to_Ending_quotGamersquot.php
"We stop upholding “fun” as the universal, ultimate criterion for a game’s relevance. It’s a meaningless ideal at best and a poisonous priority at worst. Fun is a neurological trick. Plenty of categorically unhealthy things are “fun”. Let’s try for something more. Many of the alternatives will have similarly fuzzy definitions, but let’s aspire to qualities like “edifying”, “healing”, “pro-social”, or even “enlightening”. I encourage you to decide upon your own alternatives to “fun” in games (while avoiding terms like “cool” and “awesome” and any other word that simply caters to existing, unexamined biases)."

Also http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/129891/who_says_video_games_have_to_be_.php?print=1

That's how anita interprets it. She's been known to generalize people (like men and #GamerGate-er's) and this is just another example of that.
so if someone bad says something right, it's null? seems like sjw logic

so if someone bad says something right, it's null? seems like sjw logic
Meanings of words in the english language heavily depends on how you interpret it. How you interpreted it is a much better way of interpreting it than how Anita (based on the material I've seen of hers, yes, I'm admitting I don't know 100% for certain) tends to interpret things. I'm criticizing her based on her interpretation of her own words, not on the proper interpretation, which is correct in almost all regards.

I'm criticizing her based on her interpretation of her own words, not on the proper interpretation, which is correct in almost all regards.
so you're inferring, from her tweet, she is saying something else to herself when she tweets it to the world because her interpretation of herself is skewed rather than the interpretation of her tweet logically that is not cohesive to your interpretation of the tweet, whicn may or may not be skewing what you believe she is skewing.

so you're inferring, from her tweet, she is saying something else to herself when she tweets it to the world because her interpretation of herself is skewed rather than the interpretation of her tweet logically that is not cohesive to your interpretation of the tweet, whicn may or may not be skewing what you believe she is skewing.
She does not interpret herself, but I get what you mean. Yes, I'm inferring that how she interprets her own words differs from how you interpret her words, in this scenario. Things can be difficult to express on the internet at times, it really isn't all that uncommon.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DevinWilson/20140828/224450/A_Guide_to_Ending_quotGamersquot.php
Quote from: Devin Wilson
We do not assume that the harassment we’ve seen lately is a complete aberration. We understand that there is a link between this medium that terrorists see themselves as defending and the terrorism itself.
???

Apparently there's some Jack Thompson stuff going on right now.

Apparently there's some Jack Thompson stuff going on right now.
Oh? Do link

Oh? Do link
His name is trending on twitter and I'm doing other stuff, no idea what spurred it, though I'll put money on Sarkeesian or Thompson himself.

His name is trending on twitter and I'm doing other stuff, no idea what spurred it, though I'll put money on Sarkeesian or Thompson himself.
It seems Jack Thompson is a lawyer who wants to ban violent video games, and someone has started spreading rumors that #GamerGate supports him. Interesting kerfuffle.

It seems Jack Thompson is a lawyer who wants to ban violent video games, and someone has started spreading rumors that #GamerGate supports him. Interesting kerfuffle.
You should hear some of the stuff he's said. Here's 17 of his greatest hits.

You should hear some of the stuff he's said. Here's 17 of his greatest hits.
Oh I know Jack Thompson well. He was the OG Sarkeesian.

Yes, a kerfuffle indeed. At first I thought he was just starting stuff up again after GTA V's re-release.

someone has started spreading rumors that #GamerGate supports him. Interesting kerfuffle.

whaaaat?

now this is just getting confusing

whaaaat?

now this is just getting confusing
Now?
This clusterforget was confusing since day one. lol