Poll

What alignment would you like to see expanded in Mafia Madness? (elaboration appreciated)

The Innocents
15 (29.4%)
The Mafia
8 (15.7%)
Unaligned Good
2 (3.9%)
Unaligned Neutral
11 (21.6%)
Unaligned Evil
8 (15.7%)
Something else?? (elaborate in post)
7 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Mafia Madness (too) [BETA] [OFFLINE] [Public Beta v2.2.1; Deathville v1.1.0]  (Read 24994 times)

the afterlife/arena systems are terrible for no reason other than i guess i wanted to make things really complicated or something

i used spawn bricks cus it seemed much easier for people to understand than naming a brick an arbitrary name. the massive mess of unused functionality came before that

using a doservercmd event i have been able to add to the afterlife an array of "click for the rules!" things that might inspire people to actually read them

in my experience it kind of muddles admin's ability to tell if they've actually read the rules though

May I ask what it means by unaligned mafia innocent and neutral?

Either way I think the innocents AND mafia should get more roles, innocents focused on a bit more.

Innocents should defo get more focus, one great thing I found about Town of Salem is that almost every innocent had SOMETHING to do. There was no "civvie without being able to do anything but chat lol" role in that and I really appreciated it.

Innocents should defo get more focus, one great thing I found about Town of Salem is that almost every innocent had SOMETHING to do. There was no "civvie without being able to do anything but chat lol" role in that and I really appreciated it.
Well actually there was the survivor, but I do agree with you, but this is more of an action-strategy then just a strategy, but still, being innocent can get boring because you barely get to be the Fingerprint expert (which some people call the finger in ass for some reason) or a cop that isn't naive/paranoid.

Well actually there was the survivor

Survivor, however, is neutral, can win with anyone and vice versa, having no point of being killed except if he allies with one side or if killer is a troll.

yeah, the only problem is that town of salem plays a lot more like traditional mafia. it's a bit harder to design a lot of roles for MM. i've tried to adapt some of these roles, but most of them just don't work in MM's FPS-style elimination (jester). most special innocent roles in MM came to exist specifically to nerf other roles, which is kinda unfortunate. i think a lot of people like RotS because they have a better chance of playing a special role because of the cult

i definitely agree with you, it's just a pretty hard thing to accomplish.

bout to start doing some Testing. i'll probably start with a passworded server but it'll open up!! i'll post here when i open it
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:50:12 PM by otto-san »

so is it going to be unpassworded anytime soon or will i be stuck in this mafialess hell forever

server is OPEb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm stunned

this is (zombie sounds) tier
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:36:53 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

RED SOCKS ONLY
ALL HERITICS WILL BE BURNT AT THE STAKE.