Poll

What alignment would you like to see expanded in Mafia Madness? (elaboration appreciated)

The Innocents
15 (29.4%)
The Mafia
8 (15.7%)
Unaligned Good
2 (3.9%)
Unaligned Neutral
11 (21.6%)
Unaligned Evil
8 (15.7%)
Something else?? (elaborate in post)
7 (13.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Mafia Madness (too) [BETA] [OFFLINE] [Public Beta v2.2.1; Deathville v1.1.0]  (Read 24994 times)

it's the same version i had running last night as far as i know. if the expansion is loaded and it's on the right gamemode it should work

Needs a new build made just for mm

it looks like it only happens if you actually have Sound_Blockland

i'll try and figure out why it actually happens because it shouldn't be a dependency

it looks like it only happens if you actually have Sound_Blockland

i'll try and figure out why it actually happens because it shouldn't be a dependency
Calling it: Tier Tactical is forceRequiringAddOn()-ing on Sound_Blockland due to the reload sounds it uses.

Calling it: Tier Tactical is forceRequiringAddOn()-ing on Sound_Blockland due to the reload sounds it uses.
this is actually what it was, thanks! i'll just add it as a required mod then i guess LoL

releasing an update in a few mins with added default bricks and sound_blockland to gamemode.txt

this is actually what it was, thanks! i'll just add it as a required mod then i guess LoL

releasing an update in a few mins with added default bricks and sound_blockland to gamemode.txt
Still won't fix it, force required add-on might be broken.
It gave me the error when sound_Blockland was in gamemode.txt

seems to be working for me

Since there doesn't seem to be any dedicated role suggestions topic, website or anything else, I'm just going to drop this idea I had just now for a role:

Name: Acute Listener/"Good Ear"
Alignment: Town
Ability: Can hear normal chat twice as far away. "Low voice" chat can be heard through walls. Whispers have the same hearing range as normal chat for him.
Balance suggestions: Perhaps his whisper/low voice hearing ability can be obscured a bit? Random letters in the whisper replaced with #. Code snippet good for this at the bottom.
Code: [Select]
function muffleText(%text, %prob)
{
if (%text $= "")
return;
if (%prob $= "")
%prob = 25;
if (%prob <= 0)
return;
%result = %text;
for (%i=0;%i<strlen(%text);%i++)
{
if (getSubStr(%text, %i, %i+1) $= " ") //space character
continue;
if (getProbability(%prob))
%result = getSubStr(%result, 0, %i) @ "#" @ getSubStr(%result, %i+1, strlen(%result));
}
return %result;
}
function getProbability(%prob) //Probability, woo
{
return getRandom(0, 100) < %prob;
}

This provides a good "passive" town role so you have a slightly bigger impact on the game. IMO Mafia Madness should feature more interesting town-aligned roles and it should move away from the standard "innocent" role that has nothing going for them.

Since there doesn't seem to be any dedicated role suggestions topic, website or anything else, I'm just going to drop this idea I had just now for a role:

Name: Acute Listener/"Good Ear"
Alignment: Town
Ability: Can hear normal chat twice as far away. "Low voice" chat can be heard through walls. Whispers have the same hearing range as normal chat for him.
Balance suggestions: Perhaps his whisper/low voice hearing ability can be obscured a bit? Random letters in the whisper replaced with #. Code snippet good for this at the bottom.
Code: [Select]
function muffleText(%text, %prob)
{
if (%text $= "")
return;
if (%prob $= "")
%prob = 25;
if (%prob <= 0)
return;
%result = %text;
for (%i=0;%i<strlen(%text);%i++)
{
if (getSubStr(%text, %i, %i+1) $= " ") //space character
continue;
if (getProbability(%prob))
%result = getSubStr(%result, 0, %i) @ "#" @ getSubStr(%result, %i+1, strlen(%result));
}
return %result;
}
function getProbability(%prob) //Probability, woo
{
return getRandom(0, 100) < %prob;
}

This provides a good "passive" town role so you have a slightly bigger impact on the game. IMO Mafia Madness should feature more interesting town-aligned roles and it should move away from the standard "innocent" role that has nothing going for them.
This role seems like a good concept but is slightly underpowered/useless as most people type in full caps to convey messages anyways. People don't use low-chat often either, since it's sorta risky and people can sometimes walk near you. Maybe if it could hear cult and mafia chat it would be sorta acceptable, but even then it just replaces the already-useful spy.

Role balance tends to come from the ability to get people killed rather than the ability to uncover information. So, maybe as a buff, you can make the "Listener" hear when somebody is shot and have it print on their screen An innocent player just shot another innocent player! when nearby, or A mafia member just shot an innocent player! but possibly have it appear after a delay of some random time, or maybe just give it the probability to not appear at all.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:32:36 PM by Path »

I made an expansion! (MMT_JackModes)

Includes: a new gamemode which has two required mafia (Blackmailer and Ventrilloquist) and adds on cop, spy, miller. Abductor also has a chance of happening but only with higher playercounts.

Also includes a new BLACKMAILER role. I'm too lazy so here's role desc:
The Blackmailer can type /blackmail *name* once per day to make them mute for the next night.
Its special ability is best used to trick and deceive people and is especially powerful with Ventriloquist buddies.

Hosting on TheBlackParrot's MM

Hosting on TheBlackParrot's MM
is deathville/chaos mode still broken?

is deathville/chaos mode still broken?
dunno, I actually started hosting and then fell asleep T_T

xot is hosting now tho