Author Topic: Server Pictures  (Read 1596 times)

how this could work is the client could serverCmd the server
if the server responds to the client i'd give a URL and the client would download the image
then once done it'd set the image and on spawn it'd delete.
This is what I've coded. However, people are afraid of research/gore.

This should not require an external website.

Why not just use the server preview for the server, from here: http://blockland.us/browse.php ?

Why not just use the server preview for the server, from here: http://blockland.us/browse.php ?
Because they're ugly?

This idea sounds good, but isn't needed and would be a waste of server bandwidth

what ever happened to that old server preview thing that used blockland.us for the images

what ever happened to that old server preview thing that used blockland.us for the images
I've never heard of such a thing.

It has to.
Pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.

Pretty sure you have no idea what you are talking about.
Implying you do??

Implying you do??

I think you guys are trying to find the most inconvenient and troublesome solutions possible. You shouldn't. This would work nice if it was all client sided. You could put images in a folder and the add-on would notice them and then show them based on what gamemode it is. If you don't have images for a specific gamemode, then it could just show the loading graphic or grab random images from your screenshots folder, then later you could create a new folder and call it whatever that unknown gamemode is and then just put images in there. I don't know if this is possible but it could also download folders that the host of the server has so it can add to your own folders so there's more of a chance that there will be images for a gamemode.

I think you guys are trying to find the most inconvenient and troublesome solutions possible. You shouldn't. This would work nice if it was all client sided. You could put images in a folder and the add-on would notice them and then show them based on what gamemode it is. If you don't have images for a specific gamemode, then it could just show the loading graphic or grab random images from your screenshots folder, then later you could create a new folder and call it whatever that unknown gamemode is and then just put images in there. I don't know if this is possible but it could also download folders that the host of the server has so it can add to your own folders so there's more of a chance that there will be images for a gamemode.

For the vast majority of gamemodes, your client is not going to have the gamemode itself. That just wouldn't work. You're going to see your own screenshots practically every time, unless it's Custom.

For the vast majority of gamemodes, your client is not going to have the gamemode itself. That just wouldn't work. You're going to see your own screenshots practically every time, unless it's Custom.
I don't know if this is possible but it could also download folders that the host of the server has so it can add to your own folders so there's more of a chance that there will be images for a gamemode.