Author Topic: Playertype - crouching abilities  (Read 6313 times)

I have 2 questions, the first is more important..

I was messing around with the crouching abilities( speed, bounding box..)
1. Limiting the playertype to shoot projectiles from his weapon while his crouching? does it even possible? or not even using the weapon while he is crouching?

2. I found out that there is 'walking animation' in the list of the player animations, does it possible to put instead the old walking animation (which is like running animation) a new animation?
I tried that but in the game it still shows me the running animation instead..

Thank you and sorry for my bad english
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:55:26 PM by BlockAlpha »

I believe you need to make a new player model to alter the animation, as for the crouching while firing yes, you just need to check if the player is crouching.
I forget what the check for crouching is, perhaps it's something like %player.isCrouching I'll look around in some codes to see if I can't find what it is exactly.

I forget what the check for crouching is, perhaps it's something like %player.isCrouching I'll look around in some codes to see if I can't find what it is exactly.
You'll need to manually package armor::onTrigger and set the variable yourself. There is no default variable for it.

The best thing to do I believe is making the crouch bounding box the same as the regular datablocks bounding box.

The best thing to do I believe is making the crouch bounding box the same as the regular datablocks bounding box.
He never said that he wanted to take away the player's ability to crouch.

He never said that he wanted to take away the player's ability to crouch.
Whoops. Forgot to read the topic..

There is a default function, it's %player.isCrouched(); IIRC, returns 1 or 0.

There is a default function, it's %player.isCrouched(); IIRC, returns 1 or 0.

Im 90% sure this does not exist (or isn't default).

Im 90% sure this does not exist (or isn't default).
Well, I've used it, sooo... There's a chance it isn't default, and if not I don't know how to check otherwise ('cause as far as I know onTrigger on works with L/R mouse clicks and spacebar; is this misinformation?).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:35:58 AM by BluetoothBoy »

Well, I've used it, sooo... There's a chance it isn't default, and if not I don't know how to check otherwise ('cause as far as I know onTrigger on works with L/R mouse clicks and spacebar; is this misinformation?).
The key for the third variable in ::onTrigger is as follows.

//=============
//0 = Activate
//2 = Jump
//3 = Crouch
//4 = Jet
//=============

%player.isCrouched(); is actually a default function. I'm surprised that it exists.

Wait.. what is 1?
As far as I know it isn't used, but the client could trigger it with $mvTriggerCount1 or something.
I wonder why come Badspot didn't use it.

There should be a %player.isSitting()

Wait.. what is 1?
An old quote I found from Chrono.
Quote from: Chrono
There is a trigger for 1, called AltTrigger, but this is unused in Blockland, and is not in your controls by default. The function still exists, but is only able to be used for weapons like akimbo guns, which allows you to shoot just the left gun.

So I understand that there is a function of when he's crouching, now how to not let him use the weapon (when he's crouching)?
Again sorry for my bad English..