Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3888648 times)

sweet! :P

quick update
The grey background is temporary. I'm adding a moon lit night background with a stone railing in the back.

Why are you not smooth shading the bottle label?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:10:48 PM by Lunar »

it is smooth shaded. I added a lined texture, should I get rid of it?
Yes. It looks like it's flat shaded.

honestly i think the lines make it more aged looking.
removing the lines will make it look boring.

Or he could color them differently and make them more visible. Now it looks like a shading error to me.

Or he could color them differently and make them more visible. Now it looks like a shading error to me.
looks like semi-thick transparent blue lines to me.

Make a playertype that spawns with all of the pieces as seperate images, and have them mount to the corresponding part

Lunar perhaps the label needs a border.
How long has the bottle been on the rack? Has it been aged? Was it in a cellar? Perhaps the label suffered water damage? Paper colored with age?

How long has the bottle been on the rack? Has it been aged? Was it in a cellar? Perhaps the label suffered water damage? Paper colored with age?
It's just a bottle of wine, he probably didn't make a huge background about it.

It's just a bottle of wine, he probably didn't make a huge background about it.
^ This kind of attitude will get you no where in this business
Everything has a story, when you can create that story and put it into your art you'll go so much farther.

^ This kind of attitude will get you no where in this business
Everything has a story, when you can create that story and put it into your art you'll go so much farther.
ah... this bottle of wine... i'm about to drink this bottle of wine.. it's green.

Oooh, and what's the temperature of the wine? Maybe add perspiration? That might be difficult to make look realistic.
Or a stain on the tablecloth where maybe some wine dripped down along the side of the bottle after pouring it?

minor changes nothing special

it's loving alcohol guys
just get drunk and stop arguing forget
also nice^

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:10:26 PM by Lunar »