Author Topic: Blogland: Trip is Over.  (Read 3673 times)

Have fun in hell, maybe you can come visit me.

Also check out the Museum of Science and Industry it's pretty nice, just don't buy the food
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:12:30 PM by Eon »

if you visited detroit, you might as well visit the south side of chicago and compare the two

I'd say explore downtown and Michigan Avenue. It's awesome seeing all the buildings, even if you're a native.
Art Institute is cool but overpriced if you're not from here but it's definitely worth a trip if you have time.
Maybe check out the lake if you're going to do Navy Pier too.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:44:42 PM by Nikki »

if you visited detroit, you might as well visit the south side of chicago and compare the two
Oh god, I would like to stay alive for a little bit longer thanks.
I'd say explore downtown and Michigan Avenue. It's awesome seeing all the buildings, even if you're a native.
Art Institute is cool but overpriced if you're not from here but it's definitely worth a trip if you have time.
Maybe check out the lake if you're going to do Navy Pier too.
I'd love to visit these places but currently our main focus is getting to Chicago sadly.  I would like to visit the lake but we might not be able to visit it if it's too dark.

Oh god, I would like to stay alive for a little bit longer thanks.I'd love to visit these places but currently our main focus is getting to Chicago sadly.  I would like to visit the lake but we might not be able to visit it if it's too dark.

if you're onlly gonna be able to drive through, definitely take Lake Shore Drive, it wraps around the city and gives you a beautiful look at the lake and various attractions, and you also get to see the close-up of the city landscape

if you're onlly gonna be able to drive through, definitely take Lake Shore Drive, it wraps around the city and gives you a beautiful look at the lake and various attractions, and you also get to see the close-up of the city landscape
Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll probably do this if we're not going to walk around the city.

Alright, so I've finally arrived in Chicago.  We won't be visiting any of the places today since we're very tired after driving for 9-10 hours.  However, we'll visit the suggested sites tomorrow.

wrong.

go to gino's east in chicago and get some spicy deep dish
This is one of the places where I went and where I am basing my opinion that deep dish loving blows on. Mushy ingredients and an absolutely flavorless crust.

This is one of the places where I went and where I am basing my opinion that deep dish loving blows on. Mushy ingredients and an absolutely flavorless crust.
I think Lou Malnati's and Giordano's are the two definitive deep dish staples of Chicago. I've never been to Gino's.

I think Lou Malnati's and Giordano's are the two definitive deep dish staples of Chicago. I've never been to Gino's.
Lou Malnatti's wasn't good either.

I want to like deep dish, but I didn't have a good experience either time and would a little butter, garlic, or salt hurt anyone?

Lou Malnatti's wasn't good either.

I want to like deep dish, but I didn't have a good experience either time and would a little butter, garlic, or salt hurt anyone?
Different strokes I guess :iceCream:

Salty greasy pizza is good in its own way, and it's not really the Chicago style, though you can certainly get it here

maybe i like ginos because it's gimmicky and fun; it's entertaining to see all the stuff people have drawn all over the walls over the years.
going by taste, i would say
Giordano's
would be better if you're trying to enjoy it.

@OP there's this really cool grilled cheese bar on belmont right next to the L station. check it out if you're in the area

I never ate deep dish in my life because theres no restaurents selling deep dish in quebec unless its very obscure.