Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 851677 times)

I drove a citybus once. Everything felt so easy, thanks to the power assisted steering and brakes. Not to mention the auto gearbox. The only thing that's weird is you have to start steering much later than you'd expect, as the wheels are behind you.

what engine do you have, fire flame?

Dyno test of various mechanical fan styles.
https://youtu.be/ZXdLgaFXZzs
30 horsepower lost by an OE style fan. Wowe.

I think I'm getting an electric fan for the alfa. Ofc i doubt it'll regain that much power since the fan is so much smaller but it still should be a noticeable increase.

what engine do you have, fire flame?
On my trucks my mint green one has a 4.8L V8 and the white one has a 6.0

double post but new project 1980 Mercury Capri with a 351 Winsdor, 4 barrel carburetor.

nice capri, how long did it setup for? I see a nest in there! :cookieMonster:

speaking of fords, I'm going to look at an 82 f100 tomorrow! :D body is in fine shape, but doesn't run. it has the 302. guy is asking $600 for it

nice capri, how long did it setup for? I see a nest in there! :cookieMonster:

Only for a small 21 years behind my dads house

well, I bought it. it's nearly 70 miles from here and I gotta tow it, however I don't have a trailer I can use atm.

double post but new project 1980 Mercury Capri with a 351 Winsdor, 4 barrel carburetor.
Not a bad car at all. How much did it cost?

edit:
why tho, he would just end up spending much more than the car is worth just to get it running
get the needed parts (engine and stuff) and save up for other stuff later.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 08:13:27 PM by Cheze »

well, I bought it. it's nearly 70 miles from here and I gotta tow it, however I don't have a trailer I can use atm.
flat tow it. What could possibly go wrong?

flat tow it. What could possibly go wrong?
well, tires are questionable! lol one of my friends knows someone with a trailer he'd let me borrow for nothing so I'll get it tomorrow.

So I might be getting a car sometime coming in the next year or so... I was wondering what you guys might recommend? I'd like something durable, but also easy to modify if I'd like.

So I might be getting a car sometime coming in the next year or so... I was wondering what you guys might recommend? I'd like something durable, but also easy to modify if I'd like.
I'd get anything from the 90's with fuel injection, for a daily driver. a truck or car preferably? maybe a reliable ole honda accord/civic or a chevy/ford truck? all are fairly easy to work on.

A Celica or Miata are pretty cheap, easy to find, and aren't lacking in the mods department.

A 4-door vehicle would be a good choice for me, or a 2-door with ample trunk space.