Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program Megathread (KSP) - DMP SERVER IS BACK UP  (Read 71324 times)

Dunno. Seems like no matter what I do the craft is bound to start spinning. Even when I mount multiple rovers symmetrically

try putting fins into your rocket for stability?

mount your rover onto the rocket flat, like it is when it's driving. make a lander for the rover, and have a stage above the rover that hoists it off of the lander stage and sets it on the ground.

Thanks guys, really I just added 20 reaction wheels and it worked out, I got the rover on Mun after like 30 crash landings. Only problem is now: my rover isn't responding to input lol. My RCS is broken too. I've got power and monoproppellant, but it's not responding to any of my input. Any ideas or is the game just broken or something

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm guessing this has something to do with all the new network stuff, and i'm on the far side of the moon where there is no connection lol
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:25:12 PM by Rally »

what are the controls for moving the rover? just toying around with some scenarios to nail controlling stuff

what are the controls for moving the rover? just toying around with some scenarios to nail controlling stuff
WASD are the controls, but they are also the controls for pitch/roll in flight mode. You should switch to docking mode with RCS turned off (Docking mode is a little tab on the right side of the staging info, by the bottom of the screen) so that you don't accidentally flip your rover with reaction wheel torque. This is especially important for rovers in low gravity, like Minmus.

hello gamers have some planets

and also me doing new horizons with them

WASD are the controls, but they are also the controls for pitch/roll in flight mode. You should switch to docking mode with RCS turned off (Docking mode is a little tab on the right side of the staging info, by the bottom of the screen) so that you don't accidentally flip your rover with reaction wheel torque. This is especially important for rovers in low gravity, like Minmus.
thanks, thats why it wasnt moving!!

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to leave the engines off of my craft, carry them up in a separate rocket, rendezvous, and dock each engine individually. What a loving nightmare. Is there a way to invert RCS controls btw lol?

this is revolutionary to me...

New plan: Sending a tanker up to refuel the Atlantis Squarepantis (my shuttle) and we will set up a station in space. Any tips on how to rendezvous?

New plan: Sending a tanker up to refuel the Atlantis Squarepantis (my shuttle) and we will set up a station in space. Any tips on how to rendezvous?

this might be obvious but I like to set the port I'm docking to as the target and then select the port I'm docking from and control the craft from there. then I can set SAS to align to target, do the same procedure from the other craft if it's small enough, and the crafts will basically align themselves and if I'm not drifting too much all I just have to do is cram my stuff in there with the RCS

well.. stuff.
I launched the Atlanta Squarepanta to rendezvous with the Squarepantis to refuel, but it ran out while trying to get to closest approach.

Operation Snowball:
We will make a big station
We will get rendezvous ships to refuel the Atlanta Squarepanta and Atlantis Squarepantis
We will get them to the space station
We will dock on the space station
And We Will Make Kerbals Great Again!

Operation Snowball commencing, ETA 2 days