Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5909349 times)

Eh, more like Minecraft in the Commodore 64 days (80's i think?). 92 is when Doom came out and it looks much better.

doom came out in december 1993, close to 1994

doom came out in december 1993, close to 1994
Was that Wolfenstein 3D then?

anyone else having trouble accessing the mc forums?

anyone else having trouble accessing the mc forums?
Minecraft.net went down earlier today. It's back up now.

The forum is managed by Curse, and it has been having major issues lately. Told someone who was a Minecraft Wiki admin, he asked the guy who manages the forum, and he confirmed it is going badly. Not only that, the starfishs who took over Minecraft Wiki decided to migrate it to their group wiki site, and in that broke so many things.

Edit: I finally realized what cauldrons can be used for (besides leather armor and water bottles). Back when they added Zombie Pigmen spawning from portals, they also added the feature that cauldrons slowly fill with water during rain when exposed to it. Then in The Redstone Update, they made Cauldrons output a signal relative to how full they are. Perhaps they could be used as manual-reset rain timers for some kind of hostile darkness mob farm?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 08:44:44 PM by MegaScientifical »

you know we're forgeted when isminecraftdown.com is down.

Edit: I finally realized what cauldrons can be used for (besides leather armor and water bottles). Back when they added Zombie Pigmen spawning from portals, they also added the feature that cauldrons slowly fill with water during rain when exposed to it. Then in The Redstone Update, they made Cauldrons output a signal relative to how full they are. Perhaps they could be used as manual-reset rain timers for some kind of hostile darkness mob farm?
holy loving stuff

you know we're forgeted when isminecraftdown.com is down.

isup.me

holy loving stuff

holy loving stuff

https://mojang.atlassian.net/browse/MC-19451

Edit: Yep. As someone else mentioned, cauldrons don't block update when rain fills them, so comparators don't update. You need to manually update them.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 05:53:39 PM by MegaScientifical »

I just had a great idea. What if Mojang added Iron and Diamond Apples? Iron Apples can give players a temporary speed boost, while Diamond Apples can give players a permanent Health Boost. Iron nuggets would be required for Iron Apples, and Diamond shards for Diamond Apples [each diamond gives you 3 shards]. I'd like a way to get more hearts in survival mode, and I think this would be a great legitimate way to do so.

Diamond apples if anything should make you invincible for a while, and unable to get hungry. Iron apples should make you take less damage and get hungry less.

I don't think your teeth are strong enough to bite iron, let alone diamond