Author Topic: Modding: Its limitations, what is abusable, and why I hate the launcher  (Read 9389 times)

having a real clock would be sweet.

can set events to it as a "randomizer"

or just script events for timed things

iban, you realize that devs will probably find a way to bust into the day/night cycles like you're saying.

the question will be how easy it is.

He even made it easy by posting in a speedtest thread revealing his relative location.
Was that my topic? <3

Am I missing something
The entire point they were trying to get across, yes.

Looks like were just gonna have to keep this topic at the top until badspot comes in and shatters our hopes and dreams when he tells us no. I hate to admit Iban is right, but face it. When has Badspot done jack loving stuff to help the modders out? pfft never.

If this actually happens, namely the shapename for bots n stuff, i will jizz thunder.

Yes, i am pikachu!!  :cookieMonster:

Badspot did implement an AudioDescription fix I brought up with him but he did not implement music files being treated as resources for clients.

Badspot did implement an AudioDescription fix I brought up with him but he did not implement music files being treated as resources for clients.
He also fixed an issue I brought up to him, about being able to set your clan tags to <a: and > to hide your name on any server.

Aside from that his response is usually "No."

He also fixed an issue I brought up to him, about being able to set your clan tags to <a: and > to hide your name on any server.

Aside from that his response is usually "No."
gahahahaha, brilliant exploit.

He even made it easy by posting in a speedtest thread revealing his relative location.

Here is an example of something "ab-usable" with the team chat thingy
Code: [Select]
function spamBot()
{
commandToServer('teammessageSent',"WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW");
//It repeats over 100 times I deleted most of it because it is too long
}
//then entering into the console

function a() {
    spamBot();
    spamBot();
    spamBot();
    spamBot();
}
So if you entered a(); about 29 times into your console about 5 times using the Up arrow key and enter really fast, ab-useable.

forget

FFSO, REMOVE THAT NOW

WE DON'T WANT BADSPOT REMOVING OUR ABILITY TO MAKE FUNCTIONS

Really inefficient spam, and that's something that can be fixed without removing team chat.

Really inefficient spam, and that's something that can be fixed without removing team chat.
Not really. Apparently if you do it fast enough it creates stand still lag.