Author Topic: "Equal pay for equal work" not enough, now "equal pay for equivalent work"  (Read 3055 times)

forget their stuff, they get paid by dudes subduing them and fondling their tits rapidly while squeezing their asscheeks
that's their paying for work

Just lower both their wages to minimum wage. That way everybody wins.

forget their stuff, they get paid by dudes subduing them and fondling their tits rapidly while squeezing their asscheeks
Wha-
Wh-
Wh=
whsd-
ajdssadsad
Error Code: N043
Could not find LOGICxx001 in file WTF on Local Disk (C:).

Please check Swat's manual in order to properly reset the machine. If error shows again, please contact the manufacturer for more instructions.

Why are you even here.

remember when you changed

Because driving forklifts, operating heavy machinery, and moving around fragile loads all day is the same as unpacking some cans and putting them on a shelf
Not meaning to undermine this point, but there's also considerable physical workload within the supermarket itself.
This can include the use of heavy machinery, including forklifts in certain sizable shops. There are also the crushers, and the pallet carriers which you need training to use.
Then, there's lots of moving around of large and heavy trolleys.

And after that you get to spending hours on end crouching and squatting and stretching to sort out aisles and set goods out.

It's a damn tiring job, as I can attest to, having worked in a supermarket.
Furthermore my dad has worked at Asda both on a shopfloor, and doing night shifts at a warehouse.
He would definitely say that the warehouse is harder work, but being on the shopfloor isn't painless either.

I can't really side with those pursuing the lawsuit in this.
There is a difference in pay between the two jobs, but it's not down to the shopfloor workers being less skilled, or even being women (because there are plenty of men who work shopfloors too, it's close to 50/50).
It's just a case of the warehouse workers working in a more dangerous environment, doing a lot more dangerous work, and as is often the case, working nights too (There are shopfloor jobs that work nights, but not all Asda's are open 24/7).
On top of that, on account of Sunday Trading Laws, Supermarket shopfloors aren't open all day on a Sunday, whereas Warehouses are.

I can understand being a bit annoyed at being paid less than other similar-levelled workers, but I don't think there's pay discrimination going on here.

Afterall, women can apply to work in the warehouses too. And they can't legally be discriminated against on account of their gender when applying for the position (I know that's not a guarantee of it not happening, but it's less likely to be ignored in a big business like Asda).
I think really, you just have to be content with the fact that you're the bottom rung of the ladder in that business, as shopfloor workers are in most supermarkets.

And at the end of the day, this is Asda. When they sell stuff, I can only expect them to pay stuff.

why do i get the feeling that you arent even serious anymore

jesus loving christ, you aren't contagious are you??

I too am curious as to what this means

if this means what i think it means

you have a very warped idea of what the world is really like

If you look closely, you can see where Maxx stopped giving a stuff about his posts
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:23:06 PM by hodototman »

It's still 2014, right? Or am I a time traveller again?

is this proof that people love to forget with maxx

i wont take this seriously. if they keep saying that "all the women" get paid less than "all the men" stuff then i cant take this seriously. im 99% sure this company isnt intentionally paying the female workers less than the men simply because they are women.

i bet it was just one or two people who complained and actually believed they were getting paid less cos they were women, then a bunch of other people supported them just cos they want a raise.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:22:24 PM by Starkiller »

If the men working indoors made the same as the women working indoors, they have no case.
this