Author Topic: Obama Gets 9 Allies to Help Battle Against the cancerous CIA  (Read 16500 times)

I agree, but if we do who will try to stop it? They remain a serious threat to our national security and country - and also to the rest of the Western world.
If they aren't causing trouble on our land, they aren't our problem.

No

that hasn't been left behind at all
It has around here. I understand that American Christians are more dedicated in comparison with some countries in Europe, though.

I still think that there is nothing wrong with that value.
Of course not, but the rules of Christianity have become much milder and modern obviously. People tend to overlook certain things.

When they cut off the heads of Americans, and threaten us and our allies - then it remotely becomes a problem of ours.

You categorized them into the same group.

I didn't say that they were of the same race or ancestral background, but they are without a doubt American either way (Muslim Americans and Mexican Americans).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:55:20 PM by Caribou »

I still think that there is nothing wrong with that value.
Basically, that "value" is as equal to feelings as it is for woman to be stared at while walking alone. It is weird in Cairo for a woman to walk without a man. It isn't of the social norm OF THAT REGION.

You call that a social norm? I call that a social absurdity. To believe that it is a social normality to look down on woman, force them to cover their faces, and stare at them makes you very close-minded.
I am not saying that is a social norm, or that it is right. I think that woman should be allowed to walk alone, but a very large group of people who live in said area think it ISN'T A NORMAL THING for a woman to walk alone, for gays to marry/be open/join the army. They aren't going to instantly switch their values when a super right-winged conservative said that it is "social absurdity".

I am not the one who is ignorant and close-minded, you are.

damn its gettin hot in here

Basically, that "value" is as equal to feelings as it is for woman to be stared at while walking alone. It is weird in Cairo for a woman to walk without a man. It isn't of the social norm OF THAT REGION.
I am not saying that is a social norm, or that it is right. I think that woman should be allowed to walk alone, but a very large group of people who live in said area think it ISN'T A NORMAL THING for a woman to walk alone, for gays to marry/be open/join the army. They aren't going to instantly switch their values when a super right-winged conservative said that it is "social absurdity".

I am not the one who is ignorant and close-minded, you are.

Are you trying to tell me that you think it is just as bad for a woman to wear clothing that doesn't show any part of her body -- as opposed to forcing a woman to cover her face, and having to be looked down upon and stared at by others? That is nothing but a buffoonery right there. Since that practice is done all over the Arab world, I guess you could say that it is a "social norm" (according to you) all over the Arab world.

Yeah, but the trouble does come when they turn their attention to the western world.
And with the considerably large number of western muslims who travel to join IS and similar groups, they pose a risk as they're national of western countries and can return, with the training in terrorism.

And there will definitely become reason for members of IS to focus on the western world, whether it's a general hatred on the grounds of culture/religion, or it's because of our interaction with other muslim countries, or our political interactions with IS.
And if IS continues to grow then we'll quickly start trying to put in sanctions on any state that they develop.

I think the US foreign policy is "Make sure America isnt a battleground"

I didn't say that they were of the same race or ancestral background, but they are without a doubt American either way (Muslim Americans and Mexican Americans).

I misunderstood

When they cut off the heads of Americans, and threaten us and our allies - then it remotely because a problem of ours.
people shouldn't to travel to a known stuffhole

or it's because of our interaction with other muslim countries, or our political interactions with IS.
well then i guess we shouldn't interact with them huh??
preemption isn't good.

people shouldn't to travel to a known stuffhole
well then i guess we shouldn't interact with them huh??
preemption isn't good.
Uh, it's not just interaction with IS, it'll be interaction with any muslim country. Which there are constantly going to be, because the US and the rest of the west is part of the International Community.

We're the ones who get involved in humanitarian aid projects, and trade with other countries, and pass sanctions on countries at the request of other countries who are being bullied/attacked by those countries.

You can't just say the solution is to stop interacting with the rest of the world. Because that is impossible as a modern first world country.

nonnel wants pre-wwii America back, but it's never going to happen

Isolationism would be the ideal for any nation wanting peace, and prosperity but as you said - those days are long over.

I want during-wwii America back