Author Topic: Russian Hackers steal ~1.2 billion usernames and passwords  (Read 3846 times)

guys

what if this never happened and the company is just trying to scare sites to scam them out of money?

its actually a likely possibility.

They can get more than $120/month(iirc) out of a company like google, apple, or amazon, or really any even moderately sized company...then again they'd just get caught in the end anyways so I don't know why they'd pull something like this if it is a scam.

guys

what if this never happened and the company is just trying to scare sites to scam them out of money?

its actually a likely possibility.
yep
1.This site uses common stereotypical anti-russian bullstuff
2.This site doesnt have any actual proof
3.This site takes money to notify(Which wont happen, because no hacking took place - this site gets money and wont look for other sites)

And yet here we are, trusting this bullstuff.

unless the website you registered on stored their passwords in plaintext
Unless it was a personal website I doubt anyone is stupid enough to do this.

Well, sony did... But sony is like 10x more stupid than the average american, so let's put that aside.

yep
1.This site uses common stereotypical anti-russian bullstuff
2.This site doesnt have any actual proof
3.This site takes money to notify(Which wont happen, because no hacking took place - this site gets money and wont look for other sites)

And yet here we are, trusting this bullstuff.
How about you and the rest of your russian buddies get the forget out. As you can see no one likes russia because you are the stuff stain of the world with your Vladimir Putin forgeter invading Ukraine, shooting down MH17 and also all the other stuff he does like trying to knock the US and NATO off top spot by buddying up with the chinks to try to replace the dollar and also create a new Soviet Union/Warsaw Pact You also got all these hackers and other people breaking the law in Russia and of course they don't get arrested, either the russian's suck at apprehending criminals or they just don't care. You also got Russia giving asylum to that traitor Snowden.
Alright so there is a slight chance I over reacted because I am extremely anti-russian.

Anyway this is not suprising as the target hack also was from russian orgin. At least coded in russian.

that's sketchy as forget

i mean seriously

>hackers steal 1.2 bil passwords/usernames form over 420000 sites
>some security firm comes out, charging a fee of 120 dollr per site to check if they've been breached
>420000 * $120 = $50,400,000

let's assume that just over half, say 300,000 sites pay this 120 dollar fee. That's still $36,000,000

perhaps the firm hired the hackers to do it so they could profit. stuff, they seem to be almost bragging about it on their site.

Breaking News:
Hold Security uncovers the largest ever security breach! Over one billion of stolen credentials to thousands of websites!

[/conspiracytheory]

-snip-
wat
Well, even if im russian, then what the forget can i do, i dont control the government nor i did hack anything.

Btw, MH17 wasnt shoot down by russia, there are a lot of versions about this accident(One of them - MH17 was shoot down by ukraine interceptor, some say that rebels shoot them down - idk wtf is going on)

To be fair, i usually dont watch news, because everyone is lying.
Edit:also, usa is always trying to frame russia, this is not surprise.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 01:35:57 AM by Wooter »

How about you and the rest of your russian buddies get the forget out. As you can see no one likes russia because you are the stuff stain of the world with your Vladimir Putin forgeter invading Ukraine, shooting down MH17 and also all the other stuff he does like trying to knock the US and NATO off top spot by buddying up with the chinks to try to replace the dollar and also create a new Soviet Union/Warsaw Pact You also got all these hackers and other people breaking the law in Russia and of course they don't get arrested, either the russian's suck at apprehending criminals or they just don't care. You also got Russia giving asylum to that traitor Snowden.
why are you bitching to some russian kid on the internet about serious issues dealing with his country? you're seriously just insulting him for where he's from, there's nothing to be expected of him to fix that stuff

To be fair, i usually dont watch news, because everyone is lying.

Lol I don't watch the news either but you're just stupid.

A lot of your posts are just ignorant.