Author Topic: ■ The Photography Megathread ■  (Read 243869 times)

second one could have been pretty great if you had the top of that powerline included

Washington, D.C. I took these pictures with a disposable camera

http://imgur.com/a/7hxUf

I really like how these pictures turned out

I took this photo last year in the Himalayas, thought some people might like it.

Washington, D.C. I took these pictures with a disposable camera

definitely an interesting effect, i like it

I took this photo last year in the Himalayas, thought some people might like it.

those sun rays are gorgeous

those sun rays are gorgeous
forreal dude omg, i love them so much <3

i put some scented beads in a really nasty candle, filled it with water, shined a flashlight through it, and took this

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:53:43 PM by mod-man »

this is what happens when you take pictures at sunset

bonus me:

taken a month ago on a Nexus 6p

not in landscape bc I wanted to capture the sky's gradient

some okay-ish shots i took at a college here in nevada for a photography competition

aaaaaaaaaaah
i hate the auto-focus on my zoom lens
and i can't manual focus bc my eyes are too forgeted up for the built in diopter adjustments

aaaaaaaaaaah
i hate the auto-focus on my zoom lens
and i can't manual focus bc my eyes are too forgeted up for the built in diopter adjustments

Manual focus. Shoot. Adjust slightly. Shoot. Repeat about ten times. One of them will probably be good. ;)

Manual focus. Shoot. Adjust slightly. Shoot. Repeat about ten times. One of them will probably be good. ;)
or just use zoomed in live view
Or just get a new lens... what lens is it anyways?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 01:45:31 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

the quality is stuff but i feel like it adds to it
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:18:54 PM by mod-man »

or just use zoomed in live view
Or just get a new lens... what lens is it anyways?
dis one http://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product/camera-lenses/af-s-dx-zoom-nikkor-55-200mm-f%252f4-5.6g-ed.html
I would buy a new lens but i'm a broke teenager right now so yee

honestly though the only issue I have is that it tends to have a soft focus around the edges

The 55-200 is a good telephoto lens to start out with, because it's cheap and lightweight, but that's about where the advantages end.
In my experience, it was a bit soft in general. The autofocus is old tech, slow and noisy...disadvantages, disadvantages, blah blah, whatever...the point is that a little edge softness is the least of your worries.
Also, there are very few lenses with no sharpness drop in the edges, pretty much just high end primes. Even my $1300 24-70 is noticeably soft at 100% in the edges. But your typical viewers aren't viewing at 100%, and the only time I ever have anything of interest in the edges is in group shots.

After shooting with my d750 (+ battery grip) for a month, I pulled out my d3200. It feels so TINY omg
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:55:29 AM by Headcrab Zombie »