Author Topic: Rogue AntiVirus Attempt (Please Read)  (Read 4404 times)

Firefox is more secure and less likey for this to come up.
DL malwarebytes', rename the exacutable and run it.
Firefox is slow I use Chrome,its actualy faster.
Internet Explorer is probably the slowest,Safari is faster than that but Firefox is faster than Safari but Chrome is the best.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:23:44 PM by ShadowZero »

Firefox is slow I use Chrome,its actualy faster.
Chrome is fast but I loving hate its GUI

Firefox is pretty much as fast(ITS NOT SLOW) and I love it's GUI.

I'm goin with firefox.

I'm goin with firefox.
Havent you ever heard of themes for chrome >_>
And who gives a stuff of the gui.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS368US368&q=Google+chrome+themes&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Whenever I get some suspicious pop-up, I just Alt-F4 quickly then do a quick virus scan.

BEANY'S TIPS FOR A VIRUS FREE GOOD TIME WITH YOUR COMPUTER

Download NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons for your webbrowser. No such thing for the web browser you currently use? Get a new web browser, because chances are you're using IE8 which sucks rooster.

Always have a good backup. Get an anti virus program and anti spyware program, BUT NO MOTHERloving NORTON. Also, don't go getting any free ones unless you know they're legit.

Alt F4 instead of clicking the X. If you somehow find yourself in a situation where virus popups are getting thrown at your face, DO NOT CLICK THE X. Press Alt and F4 at the same time to exit out.

Once I actually got a virus/trojan/malware/spyware that wasn't very well designed (at hiding). It was masquerading as an antivirus whose name was an acronym very similar to AVG (it was NOT actually AVG, which was a good antivirus until around v9, then it turned into a piece of stuff user-wise) that was not physically closeable. I don't know how it got onto my computer -- no odd e-mails, no odd or new sites, and smack-dab new computer so very few ports or exceptions were open. It wouldn't let you close the window, open Task Manager, open cmd, or shut down your computer through the start menu. Largest pain in my ass EVER. I think it was AJG or something, should google it and see if I can find anything on Wikipedia.

You know nothing of the internet.

Fake virus scan happened to me, I immediatly just clicked shut down, and solved my problems,

Now, go to that page on a mac.  :cookieMonster:

Ooooops. I think you found my virus.

I'm goin with firefox.
It hardly has a GUI at all, that's the point. It's small and neat and fits up at the top. Minimalism is hot.