Author Topic: 2013/10/03 - Steam Status (Updated: 2013/12/17)  (Read 205550 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Added some issues:

• If someone is in a game and their steam connection fails, their steam lobby will bork and if you try to join their game via steam, you get a message like "Connecting to :0"
  • When you join a game via steam friends list, the player list does not display the max players or server name

Okay.

Why is the month Decembuary?

Very minor issue: Blockland.exe tells the player to open the blockland launcher, even when that does not exist.

• If someone is in a game and their steam connection fails, their steam lobby will bork and if you try to join their game via steam, you get a message like "Connecting to :0"
aren't you supposed to get an error message when you can't do something? :0

Badspot

• Administrator
aren't you supposed to get an error message when you can't do something? :0

The problem is the error persists even after steam comes back online, they'd have to disconnect and reconnect to the server to fix it.  There's probably a callback I can use to recreate the lobby.  Not super high priority though.

I've been answering questions on the discussion steam thing for a few hours, I'm going to go to sleep now.

I've been answering questions on the discussion steam thing for a few hours, I'm going to go to sleep now.

I've been doing it for a couple hours, too. Do we have another volunteer? :)

Where are they doing this?  My old comments are usually hilarious.  
This thread/post cost you two potential sales: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=152994.msg3630597#msg3630597 and some parents aren't happy about your mail bag threads either.

The number one most requested feature on the Steam discussion forums is Steam Workshop integration. There are dozens of people asking for it and a new thread about it pops up every few hours. Badspot, do you have any plans to add Workshop?

Badspot, do you have any plans to add Workshop?

What would that be exactly?
An RTB for Steam?

I found a bug.

If you are currently in a server, and switch servers by joining someone else through steam; the playerlist and admin list will not update correctly, causing it to show the players in the previous server alongside the ones in the current server.

What would that be exactly?
An RTB for Steam?
Sort of. Steam Workshop is a place where people can upload and download add-ons.

How about you make a name change mandatory when you get the game for the first time. Like alongside the internet settings and the controls settings pop up windows make one that says like "give yourself a custom name" or something would reduce the number of blockheads dramatically.

Two out of seven thousand and counting, lol.
Two that we know of. There are most likely more. And I'm quite sure that we didn't get any additional sales from those threads.
Could Badspot delete his old "hilarious" comments? I know that would be cheating in a way, but he has changed as an administrator and it would be unfair for him to lose customers because of something he said 5 years ago.

far as i go to help the newbies is "press t to talk" :P