Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 432524 times)

So we can't make a large tinted glass sculpture of multiple colors and see a large colorful mess in the shadows?   Darn.

oh god that picture actually creeped me out to some degree because I had never read the comic olol

Waitwaitwait...
The top picture, which is pretty new...
I see some pretty cool stuff. :3

So we can't make a large tinted glass sculpture of multiple colors and see a large colorful mess in the shadows?   Darn.

Currently, no.

That would've kind of neat really, we could do things like this:

We totally need the ability to make rave parties with windows.

If you want to have tinted shadows, then you better get to work creating a raycasting engine which won't bog down your system to 1 frame-per-second.

God damnit I'm still wondering about how you reverse broke that emmiter behind transparent bricks

Well you can download my island map and find out, I put the file up in the map section.

It was very probably posted before, but how about if you could set if the server is going to use shaders or terrain before you started a server?

It was very probably posted before, but how about if you could set if the server is going to use shaders or terrain before you started a server?
Terrian is being removed
Shadows are client sided

There wont be any toggling of terrains and interiors.
The point of getting rid of them is to have them gone.

So, in the map like Skylands, about the sun, if we build a wall, in that direction of the sun, will it cast a shadow?

When this update comes around, will all current slate maps be broken and have to be ported?

So, in the map like Skylands, about the sun, if we build a wall, in that direction of the sun, will it cast a shadow?
no

it'll actually amplify the light and kill players and it will ban badspot from the internet

Well that's shadows work so I'm going to go out on a limb and saaay ... yes.