Author Topic: 1920x1080 video resolution is taking up 2 screens  (Read 2753 times)

I have a Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 with 2 screens connected:

First and main display is the 47" LCD TV (Via HDMI) and the resolution is set to 1920 x 1080

Second screen is a display of 1024 x 768 (Via VGA) which is "Extended" from the main display screen.

My issue is that when I try putting the settings to play full-screen with 1920 x 1080, it appears distorted on the main screen and partial on the second screen. Any way to fix this?

Before Fullscreen
LCD:

Monitor:

After Fullscreen
LCD:

Monitor:

Sorry for big pics, should have shrank them :P

lol. That's pretty cool. Well to start, is your screen resolution set to 1920x1080? And don't use 2 monitors and see if that works.

Badspot

• Administrator
Your primary monitor does not appear to be 1920 x 1080 as the first image shows an 1175x664 window taking up 90% of the screen

Thats not possible, it clearly says my screen is at 1920 x 1080 look

http://i.imgur.com/2OKio.png

As a TEST - unplug your 2nd monitor & reboot your PC.
Then try running in 1920x1080 mode.   If that doesnt work - then something is messed up with your windows.  Fix that and then re-try.

If it works with your 2nd monitor unplugged, then it could be windows is assigning the wrong monitor to fullscreen mode.  I "think" (could be wrong)  that windows will only run something in fullscreen mode on your primary monitor.  So if your primary monitor is the vga one - then that could explain what is going wrong.

As a TEST - unplug your 2nd monitor & reboot your PC.
Then try running in 1920x1080 mode.   If that doesnt work - then something is messed up with your windows.  Fix that and then re-try.

If it works with your 2nd monitor unplugged, then it could be windows is assigning the wrong monitor to fullscreen mode.  I "think" (could be wrong)  that windows will only run something in fullscreen mode on your primary monitor.  So if your primary monitor is the vga one - then that could explain what is going wrong.

Hmmm, I set my TV to be the primary one so that shouldnt be the issue, in any case, I will give that a shot. Brb

Something is wrong with my windows cause it still look distorted after being unplugged and being fullscreened...

Hence... Why I am in the help section looking for help :(

got any other fullscreen game you can try in 1920x1080 mode?  That should tell if you if its something in windows, or in blockland.

IMO the problem is with 2 things:
  1) Its a TV, not a monitor
  2) your running via HDMI and not a standard VGA Cable.

got any other fullscreen game you can try in 1920x1080 mode?  That should tell if you if its something in windows, or in blockland.

IMO the problem is with 2 things:
  1) Its a TV, not a monitor
  2) your running via HDMI and not a standard VGA Cable.

I can easily run GTA 4 on 1920 x 1080 aswell as:
Sims 3
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
Biohazard 5
Spore
Emulators (PJ64 and Dolphin though they dont fully use the 1920 x 1080)

They work perfectly fine with both screens plugged in and display correctly on the TV. So my conclusion comes with either Blockland or Blockland hates me :P

Here, I will post pic of GTA for that matter, give me a sec

dunno what to say then...

it sounds like those other games have support for an hdmi monitor -or- there is something extra you have to do in order for blockland to work.

my 2 monitors both use regular VGA cables, and all works just fine.

Well then I guess Badspot knows the answer... Hopefully :P

GTA 4 with both screens
http://i.imgur.com/SE4QI.jpg

That's a sick computer. Could you post all your specs please?

Sure

Computer Case
Motherboard
CPU
RAM
Video Card
Power Supply
Hard Drive
DVD Burner

-Stats-
(Using CPU-Z)
File Attached