Author Topic: Message Box (Options)  (Read 1385 times)

We all know there's an event that sends a message box with either Yes/No, or just "Okay", what I'm asking for is one that can have up to 4 options that you can set.

An example being, You click on a door, a message box comes up saying "The door is locked, what do you want to do?" With 1-4 Options that you can set like, "Force door| Knock| Lick Door| Walk away".

I don't see why this hasn't yet been made, and if it has, the search button was no help...

His has not yet been made, I don't think anyone has found the necessity to make such a prompt event with four options. Anyways, this would be more complex as it would include four "on" events.

I would love this but the knock will need a bell or get the players attention and forcing the door will need a
animation for all JVS.

Please tell me if I understanding this wrong?

I would love this but the knock will need a bell or get the players attention and forcing the door will need a
animation for all JVS.

Please tell me if I understanding this wrong?

He's not saying just for the options he said, the knocking and leaving and licking and whatever other crap. He's saying that you fill in the question and the options, so there are five lines to fill in the events.

Correct?

Prompt events didn't work for a lot of people for some reason. You could just use VarLinks.

You could easily do this using the GUI Downloading in RTB.

http://returntoblockland.com/files/RTB_Documentation.pdf

Since V4 is coming out, this can change just as quickly.

Anyways, I think this would be fairly simple to do considering how the prompt are made themselfs.

?

?

I'm guessing by that question mark that the system won't change from V3 to V4 then.

It may change but it'd still work ...

Anyways, I think this would be fairly simple to do considering how the prompt are made themselfs.
What? Is this English?

Give Ephialte's system a try. It's severely underrated.

I'll try it... Hopefully it fulfill my needs.

What? Is this English?

Give Ephialte's system a try. It's severely underrated.

I was only suggesting that that's what Ephi was doing. As he has stated:

It may change but it'd still work ...

We all know there's an event that sends a message box with either Yes/No, or just "Okay", what I'm asking for is one that can have up to 4 options that you can set.

An example being, You click on a door, a message box comes up saying "The door is locked, what do you want to do?" With 1-4 Options that you can set like, "Force door| Knock| Lick Door| Walk away".

I don't see why this hasn't yet been made, and if it has, the search button was no help...

LICK THE DOOR?!?!?!?! WTF?

You could easily do this using the GUI Downloading in RTB.

http://returntoblockland.com/files/RTB_Documentation.pdf

That's good and all, but I don't know what any of that is nor do I even know how to begin to use that.

Also, is it usable via eventing? Cause that's where I was aiming toward...