Author Topic: Turning terrain block in global sphere  (Read 3638 times)

How big is that in Blockland and how long would it take to wrap around?

Also wouldn't that mean people would be walking upside down without falling, how is that possible in Blockland and how will it work wit the brick grid?
As you read the image, you already have the answer. If the sphere has 12 faces, it should directly plant the ghost brick flat on the face.

I see, bricks can only rotate on the z-axis. You couldn't rotate them on the x or y.

I see, bricks can only rotate on the z-axis. You couldn't rotate them on the x or y.
That's what I thought...

I could see making a cube for this

Otherwise the sphere would need to be MUCH loving BIGGER for builds to actually look good. Otherwise they'd be all crumbly looking like a fiveyearold glued them together.

If anyone can actually manage doing this I'd reccomend a "sphere" with like a bajillion flat sides. More like a 3D Octogon or something.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:29:01 PM by jookbox :D »

I could see making a cube for this

Otherwise the sphere would need to be MUCH loving BIGGER for builds to actually look good. Otherwise they'd be all crumbly looking like a fiveyearold glued them together.

If anyone can actually manage doing this I'd reccomend a "sphere" with like a bajillion flat sides. More like a 3D Octogon or something.
The sphere should be two miles high.

Yes this would require engine changes, as in a standard build of TGE the player can only be rotated on its z axis. this would require x and y as well, so that it can stay "upright". There other big issue is it would need to have rewritten physics to make the centre of the player, the conter of gravity for all objects.

Yes this would require engine changes, as in a standard build of TGE the player can only be rotated on its z axis. this would require x and y as well, so that it can stay "upright". There other big issue is it would need to have rewritten physics to make the centre of the player, the conter of gravity for all objects.
True.

do want, Cartographers has its work cut out for itself...