Danny Way
Rodney Mullen
Lance Mountain
Arto Saari
Guy Mariano
Ryan Sheckler (SHECKS)
Chris Haslam
other (poast)

Author Topic: Skateboarding Megathread - how2jump on skatbord?!?!?!  (Read 8227 times)

'm reviving our Skate megathread  because blockland needs to skate more. I'll add more info later on if needed. For now i'm quoting Skateaton
SKATEBOARDING
skatbaordng?!?!?!?!? no.
k maybe

FEATURED SKATER: Rodney  Mullen
Sponsors: Almost, Enjoi, Darkstar, Tensor, Speed Demons, Matix, Globe

THIS THREAD IS COMPATIBLE WITH:
CRUISERS:

A cruiser is a skateboard that is not ment for doing POPSHUVITOLLIES but they are ment to ride around, get places.
They tend to be SUPER quiet, they dont make that RRRRRR sound when you're riding them, as for the wheels are huge.
Most skateboarders who like to film everything their dumb buddies do usually use them, because it doesn't disrupt the filming, so that you don't hear WHRRRRRR from two skateboards.

LONGBOARDS:

These skateboards are like cruisers, but longer and meant for downhill extreme riding.

STREET SKATEBOARDS:

they can be used for downhill, crusing, or doing INSANE ASS TRICKS KICKFLIP GRIND YEEEEEEEAH

WHERE DO I BUY
IF YOU HAVE AN IPHONE 4S ASK SIRI "Where can I skateboard?" Usually it'll take you to a skateshop.
OR! ORORORORORO!
www.ccs.com
CCS is trustable! they have cruisers, longboards, and street skateboards!
If you want to make your own COOLIO DESIGN go to:
www.boardpusher.com
you still need to get trucks though!
http://www.warehouseskateboards.com/
Legit.

NEWS! (Updated never)
3/30/2012
PROPOSAL OF THE BLOCKLAND PROJECT!
US NEWcigaretteS TO SKATERBOARDING MAKE A VIDEO OF US SKATERBOARDING, MAKE A MONTAGE OF IT, AND POST IT ON INTERNET.
CONTRIBUTE! IF YOU HAVE ANY SUBMISSIONS PLZ PM ME PLZ
SONG REQUESTS WOULD BE GOOD TOO.

Skateboarding and you

Starting

It looks like you're interested in the art/sport/activity/whatever you make it/past time of skateboarding! You're going to have tons of fun! But wait, before we get there, where can you start?

Proper equipment
So if you're going to skate, you need the proper equipment, correct? First you need shoes, of course! Why? Because skateboarding shoes have a flat bottom, which is something you're going to need.

Common/Cheap skateboarding shoe brands that work well, and you probably may have:
Vans
DC
Globe
Nike 6.0s and Nike SBs

Now that we have the shoes, you're going to need to get something else, proper headgear/padding.
Kneepads, elbow pads, and all that is fine without, but a helmet is reccomended. Don't just walk into target and get a helmet, those are CHEAP. Quite cheap.

If you're buying online go Here
If you're buying retail, go find a local skateshop on google maps, bing, whatever, if you can't find any, go out to a skatepark and ask a skater or two there where he/she got their gear.

Buying a skateboard: Online
You want to go here and build your own prettyful board, sky's the limit, make one there, or here.
Find what you like and get it.

Buying a skateboard: Retail
Go find a skateshop and buy there. Its simple, really.

RULES:
If you're going to come here to say "i tried skating i have a skateboard but i cant use it im so bad"
shut up.
Unless you plan on starting again, I dont care. I will care if you use it.
If you're so bad, practice.

ETIQUETTE
DO:
  • When you see a pedestrian in the way of your spot/line, stop. Let them pass.
  • If someone tells you to get out, and to not skateboard, get out.
    If this individual is a pedestrian and not an authority/owner of the location you're skating in, tell them you dont care.

DON'T:
  • Run from security. Agree to leave if they are the owner/authority
  • Push people in your way.
  • Be a massive richardhead

/thread
Blocklanders who Skate
Blackmod - Street Skater
Shadowed999 - Street Skater - Regular/Goofy
Skateaton - Street Skater (?)- Regular(?)
Pablo - Cruiser/Filmer -  Regular
Travis [bob36455] - Street Skater - Regular(?)
blueblur121 - Street Skater - Regular(?)
Firefish - Longboarder (so awesome) - Regular(?)
Zloff - Street Skater - Goofy
Blocklanders who Quit
Elecro -  Gave up on Skateboarding after falling on his face once.

VIDS BY FELLOW BLOCKLANDERS
Pablo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRfzc0Hh6Cc

Having trouble with Basics? Want to brush up on your trick knowledge?
Ollie
360-Shuvit
Pop Shuvit
Kickflip
Heelflip
Manual

Trick List
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 03:07:17 PM by Shadowed999 »

This was highly needed <3
Though i haven't been able to skate because of the intense triple digit heat :c

RIP skateaton

anyway i've got a sort of mini skate team with my friends c:
I'm just the filmer / editor but i picked up some new G codes and a longboard

RIP skateaton

anyway i've got a sort of mini skate team with my friends c:
I'm just the filmer / editor but i picked up some new G codes and a longboard
Whatever happened to skateaton? and do you actually skate(tricks and what not) or just film?
I would like to see some vids :D?

Whatever happened to skateaton? and do you actually skate(tricks and what not) or just film?
I would like to see some vids :D?
idk he got banned and just left :(
no i don't do supr 360 no scope tricks I just film usually
videos are on the way! If I find the link I'll give you some but I gotta do some digging atm

When I was like 10 and i used to skateboard my skateboard had blue grip stuff on the top and on the bottom it said "Get your [girl logo] off my deck."

This was highly needed <3
Though i haven't been able to skate because of the intense triple digit heat :c
Tell me about it! I was trying work on my Pop Shuvits and grinding at a skatepark with a friend, but we ended up sitting under a tree to beat the heat. :/

Also, if you guys have Vids, i'll add them to the OP. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRfzc0Hh6Cc
here's a video we did the kid who keeps falling tried to hardflip the 5 stair. took about 80 tries and then his board snapped lol
I'm the kid who says don't do drugs

I wish i could hard flip :c

I used to have this old mini skateboard that was around half the size of a regular board until a few years ago when a friend and I decided to break it. IT TOOK US 3 WEEKS TO GIVE UP AND USE A SLEDGEHAMMER!

REAL mother forgeters. R1 construction is the stuff.

also, I've been out of skating for over a month because of a nasty staph infection I got on Go SkateDay. I was just doing an ollie down a 4 set, near the end of our session and I was wearing shorts because Texas heats. I ripped a healing scab off my knee in the fall, and it gave me staph which developed impetigo :(
Backside 180 hospital flips are the trick to win any game of SKATE, if you aren't playing with people who all ready know how to land a hospital.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:56:53 PM by Travis [bob36455] »

Bump, edited poll and OP.

I prefer street skating.

what shoes are you guys wearing?