Poll

Petition

I am against this update!
I am excited for this update!

Author Topic: v21 Update Petition  (Read 16566 times)

think about the mappers. we cant be creative with our maps anymore, no more terrains, no more interiors. this is horrible
learn to use bricks

learn to use bricks
WELL NO FRIGGEN KIDDING, but what im saying is that the people who llove to make maps cant now

>36 are against the update.
>116 are for it.
>Badspot would do it anyway.

This, kids, is what is commonly known as a landslide

Sure, i will miss having a terrain and such.
But the shaders look cool, terrain and interiors are holding back other cool stuff and it is a game about building after all.

So i am cool with this update, but things will be missed.

If this was a subscription based game, maybe they'd care, but they already have your money.

This has been said plenty of times, but I don't think the minority vote understands.

This topic is completely useless, I hope it will be locked.

A response to your first quote. It's not just for shadows, it's for lots of future features.

About the brick collision problems. That is one of these future features.

It's the same thing over and over and over again. The minority feels they should be listened to over the majority, and arguments ensue.

Conform to the update is my say in this because you have no right to petition any update that you're not the least bit educated about.

#1: The terrain and interiors aren't being removed in place for the shaders and new shadows; they're being removed, regardless.

According to kompressor, it's hard for them to work with terrain and interiors. So you have to build your maps now, it's not an unreasonable alternative.

#2: There WILL be no compromise. Terrain and Interiors are going to be removed, no ifs ands or buts.

Just that. If you don't like it, too bad. It's going to happen.

#3: If this update ruins your server because it relied heavily on terrain instead of the actual build, chances are nothing's going to be missed.

There, I said it. Unlike you think, terrain and interiors are features that will fade away. If you're part of the minority who thinks otherwise, stop being arrogant and actually read the update notes instead of assuming what's going to happen.

#4: This is an improvement, regardless of things that are lost.

At one point or another, blockland has to expand, improve and push boundaries. To my interpretation, Terrain and Interiors are the current boundary. I know change frightens you, but that's not a susceptible reason to say the update shouldn't happen.

#5: (insert gamemode here) Isn't going to die because of the update.

If you're too lazy to build the map for your server, I'm pretty sure your server isn't worth playing at anymore. Yeah, terrain was a good way to not put as much effort into the build, but I'm sure eventually you'll find a better way to get your leisure fix with workarounds.

#6: No matter how much you try to talk over the majority with the update, you're not going to squelch them.

Again, just that. There's a reason why it's called MINORITY. You're the 'minor' side of the argument, unless you have actual valid points*, your demands will not be met. I assure you a dev is listening, but that's the best audience you're going to get.

And that's my argument. Even if a little harsh, this is what I believe.

*Saying removing terrain will kill the game isn't a valid point
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:43:51 AM by IkeTheGeneric »

why make a petition if badspot doesnt gives 2 stuffs about what you say?

why make a petition if badspot doesnt gives 2 stuffs about what you say?

Apparently it makes them feel better about themselves or something

Apparently it makes them feel better about themselves or something
well thats gay

Ike the Generic basically summed up what I couldn't write with my phone.

/applaud

think about the mappers. we cant be creative with our maps anymore, no more terrains, no more interiors. this is horrible
Things change. If you can't adapt don't be a mapper. What if the NES or Playstation or whatever were never replaced with newer models simply because the devs didn't want to have to learn the new way to make games on them.

God forbid you should have to build something in Blockland