Author Topic: Modifying an exe with ollydbg  (Read 2319 times)

Jesus christ guys, I can do worse things using Visaul Basic. Plus many other engines support hidden applications so why is trying to do the same with Game Maker a bad thing? get over it.

Also I'm pretty sure there are ways to hide the game using wscript Run parameters, but if it can be done by directly modifying the exe i'll be happier.

Have you even considered using something that is better suited than Game Maker for making your application.
Game Maker wasn't exactly designed to create what you want to create.
Visual Basic isn't the only language you can use in Visual Studios anyways.

Have you even considered using something that is better suited than Game Maker for making your application.
Game Maker wasn't exactly designed to create what you want to create.
Visual Basic isn't the only language you can use in Visual Studios anyways.
I am very accustomed to Game Maker and therefore creating things with it is a lot easier for me. Visual Studio would take me much longer plus my desired outcome might not be as great due to my limited knowledge.

You could try setting it up as a service that runs on boot, that sets up a background process. Not sure how to do that offhand but google is always your friend in that aspect.

watch out our friend general here is going to hack the pentagon and the FBI with game maker

also i'm pretty sure it's impossible to make something not show up on task manager. at most, make it show up in the background processes section instead of the active processes section.

You wouldn't use a debugging tool to modify the properties of a program. Ollydbg doesn't really have the exe modifying capabilities to do that -- it's really just for debugging and making patches to ASM.

You flat out can't make a program not appear in the task manager. The task manager is literally a list of all the currently running programs and services acknowledged by the OS -- you'd have to literally modify the Windows installation on the computer to make an exception for your program and not display it. Good luck with that one.

As for not appearing in task bars, that can probably be done with some kind of EXE modifier program like resource hacker, PE explorer, or LordPE.

You flat out can't make a program not appear in the task manager.
Background processes aren't shown in the "Applications" tab, which is what I am trying to achieve.

It's a shame, I thought I could modify a call to USER32.dll to make it come out as a background process.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 03:12:48 AM by Ono-Sendai »

windows already has a background changer by default - you don't need to go through this trouble

unless i read your posts wrong

Yeah, forget you too 3548. You're essentially making an ad-hoc real time edit to the task manager program which is virtually the same thing as editing their copy of windows -- just in real time. I stick with what I said.