Poll

How is salvation achieved?

Salvation is only for those of faith in a specific church that is the body of Christ.
Salvation is by faith alone, however genuine faith shows good works and/or repentance.
Salvation is by faith alone, and faith does not show and/or require works.
Salvation is by faith and good works.
Salvation is through faith and repentance only.
Salvation is achieved through other means.

Author Topic: Christianity Megathread  (Read 20323 times)

Nihilism is the only thing that makes sense.

ah yes now the arguments may commence

what religion is parrot plant

When you die there is absolutely no way you'll come back through religious means.

A being that controls the entire universe you think  he would waste their time on us?

relativist, i think that actually describes me pretty well

what religion is parrot plant
we worship ra because he gives us sunlight and he's also part bird too

ah yes, i love the religions. here are some of my favorite passages from the christian bible:

Leviticus 21:9
     "If a priest’s daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire."
     (do not get paid for love or else you will become steak)

Leviticus 20:9
     "Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head."
     (don't disrespect your parents or die)

Leviticus 20:10
     "If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death."
     (don't cheat or die)

Leviticus 24:16
     "anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death."
     (so if you say it in vain you're actually supposed to die)

Deuteronomy 28:53
     "Because of the suffering your enemy will inflict on you during the siege, you will eat the fruit of the womb, the flesh of the sons and daughters the Lord your God has given you."
     (eat your kids!)

Leviticus 25:44
     "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves."
     (you can have slaves)

stuff like this is why i don't consider myself christian anymore. there's plenty more, too, but i'm just too lazy to type it out

Note that everything you just wrote are laws from the Hebrew Scriptures. The thing about Christianity is you only need to listen to things from the Christian-Greek scriptures.

Anyway I was raised Christian but now I don't practice it at all.

Note that everything you just wrote are laws from the Hebrew Scriptures. The thing about Christianity is you only need to listen to things from the Christian-Greek scriptures.
cherry-picking. if you don't like half your religion, maybe you should reconsider your religion

i feel bad for people who give their life to religion (like a priest, ect.) because they're essentially wasting their life retelling fairy tales to other people

i feel bad for people who give their life to religion (like a priest, ect.) because they're essentially wasting their life retelling fairy tales to other people
*tips fedora while twirling pen in fingers*

you're gonna need a bigger fishing pole with that large bait ya got there pally

i would rather be religious because i have nothing to lose by being so

*tips fedora while twirling pen in fingers*
why do you have to be a loving cunt like 100% of the time