Author Topic: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - cakey made videos oh god  (Read 5246 times)

Based off the Half Life 2 mod made by Torn Banner Studios, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is a multiplayer medieval combat game designed by the same team, utilizing the Unreal Engine. The game was announced under the name Chivalry: Battle For Agatha on May 20, 2010, but was later changed to the current title. Chivalry was successfully funded on Kickstarter on September 15, 2012. On September 20, 2012, a trailer was released which revealed the game would be released on October 16, 2012. Torn Banner confirmed that the game would be exclusively PC, but may bring it to consoles if the demand was high enough. As of August 2013, the game has sold 1.2 million copies.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare primarily utilizes melee combat through 37 different melee weapons across 4 unique classes consisting of swords, axes, maces, hammers, pole arms, spears, and flails, carried out from either a first person or third person perspective. While much of the combat is melee based, the game also feature ranged combat carried out through 13 ranged weapons across, again, 4 unique classes. These contain bows, crossbows, javelins, and various throwables. The game also features siege weaponry. These weapons cannot be applied to your loadout, they're found stationery on some maps that anybody can use. These include ballistae and catapults to fire at enemies, and boiling oil to pour onto them. There are also siege weapons that you don't use, but must push to a certain point to complete the objective. These consist of a battering ram or a petard to knock down a castle gate, and a corpse wagon to poison the defending team's aquifer.

You can purchase Chivalry: Medieval Warfare on Steam for $24.99 or your regional equivalent.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare features 4 unique classes and 65 total different weapons spread across said four classes.

■ = Available to another class
▲ = Available in Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior

Knight

Armor: High
Speed: Low

Equipment and abilities

Double Axe
Pole Axe ▲
Bearded Axe
War Hammer
Maul
Grand Mace
Longsword
Sword of War ▲
Messer
Flail
Heavy Flail
Broadsword ■
Norse Sword ■ ▲
Falchion ■
Mace ■ ▲
Morningstar ■
Holy Water Sprinkler ■
Throwing Axes
Kite Shield ▲
Tower Shield
Buckler Shield (Flails only) ■

Tank: can absorb additional damage and takes less stamina to block incoming attacks

Vanguard

Armor: Moderate
Speed: Moderate

Equipment and abilities

Greatsword
Claymore
Zweihander
Spear ▲
Fork
Brandistock
Bardiche
Billhook
Halberd ▲
Pole Hammer
Hatchet ■ ▲
War Axe ■
Dane Axe ■ ▲
Shortsword ■
Saber ■ ▲
Cudgel ■
Throwing Axes
Throwing Knives ■ ▲
Smoke Pot

Charge: Can perform a sprint attack for heavy damage

Man At Arms

Armor: Low
Speed: High

Equipment and abilities

Broadsword ■
Norse Sword ■ ▲
Falchion
Hatchet ■ ▲
War Axe ■
Dane Axe ■ ▲
Mace ■ ▲
Morningstar
Holy Water Sprinkler
Quarterstaff
Shortsword ■
Saber ■ ▲
Cudgel ■
Broad Dagger ■
Hunting Knife ■
Thrusting Dagger ■
Throwing Knives ■ ▲
Oil Pot
Heater Shield ▲
Buckler Shield ■

Elusive: Can perform dodges

Archer

Armor: Low
Speed: High

Equipment and abilities

Longbow
Shortbow
Warbow
Crossbow ▲
Light Crossbow
Heavy Crossbow
Javelin ▲
Short Spear ▲
Heavy Javelin
Sling
Shortsword ■
Saber ■ ▲
Cudgel ■
Broad Dagger ■
Hunting Knife ■
Thrusting Dagger ■
Bodkin Arrows (Bows only)
Broadhead Arrows (Bows only)
Pavise Shield (Crossbows only)
Buckler Shield (Javelins only) ■

Rogue: can backstab for double damage

Detailed damage spreadsheet for all weapons in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior is an expansion pack for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, featuring five brand new classes, plus the Knight from Medieval Warfare, for a total of six playable classes in the expansion. All classes have new and unique (exluding Knight) equipment and abilities. These classes are based off of well known warriors throughout history, consisting of Samurai, Spartan, Viking, Ninja, and Pirate. New gamemodes have also been added such as Hold the Banner and Plant the Banner, but also introducing new variants of various Team Deathmatch gamemodes, and a new version of Medieval Warfare's Duel mode.

You can purchase Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior on Steam for $14.99 or your regional equivalent.

I'm lazy so uh

--- Coming soon ---

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:06:21 PM by Cakey »

This is a list of people on Blockland that own and play this game. I posted a thread a long time ago asking if anyone played the game, so if there's someone in here that hasn't posted, that's where they're from. If you do not want your name on this list, please say so.

• Cakey
  • Zealot
  • Maxwell23461
  • naturemon
  • Dippindots
  • rockslide26
  • F-22 Raptor
  • Block Box
  • GhostOfBetaTapes(?)
  • Wynd Fox
  • Kumquat
  • BuildaBox
  • Treynolds416
  • Hardy619
  • brad block
  • AQuietBadger
  • Kazami
  • Lusk
  • Legoboss
  • Blooker
  • WOLFPACK2

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:10:31 PM by Cakey »

I have the game installed and everything, but I can barely play it before lagging to death.

I still havent been added to the list.. :P

I play both the vanilla game and the expansion.

I have the game installed and everything, but I can barely play it before lagging to death.

Is it a problem hardware or connection wise?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:23:38 PM by Cakey »

it lags so much for me

Is it a problem hardware or connection wise?
not a good enough computer

who is zealot and why was he banned

???
Anyways add me to list I play this sometimes
forgetin maces
maces are good

ok I've figured out what I absolutely LOVE to use in deadliest warrior

viking
double norse swords
one for throwing, one for fighting

heaven

My steam is Blooker, slap me on that list sonny jim
I don't play it much, but if anyone wants to I'll be willing

the new sword of war animation is awkward as forget and whoever had the idea to reanimate it should be fired from every job they try to apply to