Author Topic: Diggy's Metropolis Server  (Read 287838 times)

You know there has always been plans of tottaly restarting the city, But really the only thing that would make sense to this moment is to decrease brick count [Which has worked greatly!] and make the area easier to explore.
So basicly, I think the plans that are going through now are completely safe, because it is one small step at a time.

Bet you'll never find it  :cookieMonster:

And that's blood on the sacrificial altar.  We killed and feasted on Wizzard as a sacrifice, using the Sword of Honorable Truthiness (aka a chainsaw).

I spot a duck! :O

Edit: Lolfail
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 08:15:25 PM by Custard »

Diggy needs to get online so I can get trust back, for some reason I don't have it.

Also:
I have an idea for some new lot spaces.  As the regulars know, there's a large ocean to the east of Wellsk.  When you swim out a bit, there's a wall that's 16x wide and about 32 tall.  I propose sinking half of the wall to about sea level and adding a road which would connect to the Wellsk roads, and then adding some lot spaces along the road.  Possibly some lumber trees and whatnot, who knows.  On the side near saltburn where the road ends, there would be a small bridge connecting the end of the new road with that road.

I'll make an in-game diorama for those who want an example.

Niliscro: Alot of times trust will go away after awhile, Happened with me and Swat alot. Probly has something to do with having so many players on Blockland now.
And Niliscro, Please dont go rambling on and on about how I could be wrong about this, cause you know nothing about it either.

Niliscro: Alot of times trust will go away after awhile, Happened with me and Swat alot. Probly has something to do with having so many players on Blockland now.
And Niliscro, Please dont go rambling on and on about how I am wrong about this, cause you know nothing about it either.
You obviously have no clue how trust works.

What ever. So tell me Mr.Kalicigarette, how DOES it work? Hmm?
Why not give us a little slideshow? Or perhaps a documentary?

Edit: Ahem... Allow me to contain myself...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 06:50:52 PM by Custard »

Hhhhhhwhat ever. So tell me Mr.Kalicigarette, how DOES it work? Hmm?
Why not give us a little slideshow? Or perhaps a documentary?
The server stores trust.

When the client connects, the client sends the whole trust list to the server.
The server places "potential" trusts in the client's brickgroup(object that stores data about player's bricks and the bricks themselves).  The server checks for trust when there's a potential trust on the target player's brickgroup and the source player's brickgroup. If they both have registered a trust, the server will consider it a trust.

Oh... Uhmm... I guess your right, Well atleast I had a theory. :3

The server stores trust.

When the client connects, the client sends the whole trust list to the server.
The server places "potential" trusts in the client's brickgroup(object that stores data about player's bricks and the bricks themselves).  The server checks for trust when there's a potential trust on the target player's brickgroup and the source player's brickgroup. If they both have registered a trust, the server will consider it a trust.
That explains why BLID trust doesn't work on a loaded save.  But also, if people switch computers trust is lost, which is what I think happened with Diggy.

Anyway, I've attached my quick diorama of what I was thinking.  Black print bricks are lot spaces.  This is obviously not to any reasonable scale.

Wouldn't that create a whole new island? Or is it like a peninsula?

Edit: Anyway, were ever the lots may be, its good they are being built :3
Oh btw, if my builds still there you have my permission to destroy it. Im not coming back, and thats a nice lot for someone with intentions like I had.

It's modifying a current section of the city

Edit:
Wizzard's new city concept.
The big road down the middle is a raised highway/bridge
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:43:01 PM by Niliscro »

BLACKLIST

"kalphiter"
5827   kalphiter/The God of Swords   98.240.203.150:1355
15248   kalphiter/mason         98.214.29.112:2393
16951   kalphiter/Force21      98.237.205.41:32974
6817   kalphiter/         98.203.87.111:56449
2074   kalphiter/alphiter   
6643   kalphiter
Silly Kalpiter.

It's modifying a current section of the city

Edit:
Wizzard's new city concept.
The big road down the middle is a raised highway/bridge

Thats a really good city layout. Maybe hopefully we can the whole map for that then expand. Then again, The current map is good. If we cant make a new layout, maybe we can re-model?

Brief explanation:
City is in 3 sections: Downtown/industrial, commercial and resedential.

Downtown is in the middle, and is separated from the other two by highway, lake and forest. It includes all the headquater-type builds, promoted skyscrapers/large buildings and the police and fire stations. Behind the metro area, in the mountains, is the industrial, where mining takes place. All jobs begin in this area, except for shopkeeping. The assasins HQ is the only building type allowed to sell arms in the city, but the police station supplies officers with legal weapons (ie jobtype=sales available). The section of the industrial area which borders the lake may be used for a ship-port, but with industrial theme. Boats should be available as a vehicle purchase.

The forest is the best source for trees, and all tree-cutting occurs here. Map is exaggerated heightscale. The forest also serves as a gap to prevent lag between the city and the commerical area.

The commercial area, the beach/boardwalk and all normal commerce is in one spot, at one end of the highway. All restaurants, gun shops and supply stores are here. Ideally, only 'legal' gun stores, food shops and supply stores, no one-size-fits all stores or illegal weapons. Best builds are 'promoted' to the boardwalk area. Perhaps there is a ship port (Nil's idea) under the bridge, at the furthest west point of the commercial zoned area.

Travelling down the highway, there is one major exit to the metro/downtown area, we pass that, go over the bridge and enter the resedential area. Most people build here, build sizes are limited, and 'promoted' builds get optimimal slots, the cliffs and the mountains being the best. Parks are welcome, but retail is not. Illegal weapons sales may occur here, but not very openly.