Author Topic: An Uber driver with a concealed handgun prevented a mass shooting in Chicago  (Read 5063 times)

I simply don't understand the policy of banning things just because people can use them for bad things. Who gives a forget? Yeah, people die from gun violence and that's unfair and stuffty. That doesn't mean that everyone who owns a gun is going to do something unfair and stuffty. You might think that person shouldn't have a gun, but who the forget are you to tell someone what they can and can't have? Who are you to tell someone what they can and can't own just because you think they don't need it? I have narcissistic personality disorder and even I can recognize that's such a loving self-centered, egotistical way of thinking. I don't own a gun, I don't want a gun, and I don't particularly want everyone I run into on the street to have a gun. Frankly, they make me uncomfortable to be around and I don't like them in general. But I'm not such a prick that I'm going to tell people they can't have that just because I'm uncomfortable with it.

i mean it's just as easy to kill someone with a car

i mean it's just as easy to kill someone with a car
you can also commit Self Delete with a car
in a lot of ways actually

bravo, uber guy, bravo.

Why haven't we heard more on the guy that was about to commit the mass shooting? That seems like pretty important stuff to look into.

Did anyone else notice that this story happened back in April?

I simply don't understand the policy of banning things just because people can use them for bad things. Who gives a forget? Yeah, people die from gun violence and that's unfair and stuffty. That doesn't mean that everyone who owns a gun is going to do something unfair and stuffty. You might think that person shouldn't have a gun, but who the forget are you to tell someone what they can and can't have? Who are you to tell someone what they can and can't own just because you think they don't need it? I have narcissistic personality disorder and even I can recognize that's such a loving self-centered, egotistical way of thinking. I don't own a gun, I don't want a gun, and I don't particularly want everyone I run into on the street to have a gun. Frankly, they make me uncomfortable to be around and I don't like them in general. But I'm not such a prick that I'm going to tell people they can't have that just because I'm uncomfortable with it.
This.

Did anyone else notice that this story happened back in April?
GJ stufflord, I actually didn't notice this.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:25:01 PM by Lockebox »

You seem not to realize that the majority of would-be criminals would not go to the ends required to get a weapon in a country with strict gun laws.
Yes they would. Because there's already too many guns in the country to begin with. The market is ripe for starting strong on the event of a weapons ban. This isn't some smaller country your dealing with here.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:37:39 PM by Tayasaurus »

If all gun owners were as trained and responsible like this Uber driver, the US gun problem would be a lot smaller.

Let's get some satire in here.

"The USA is getting excited today as there are just 12 mass shootings until Christmas."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:47:16 PM by tails »

Happened in April but it wasn't discussed because it didn't fit in with the "Anti Gun kick" everyone's on right now.

I personally find it strange that given this forum's huge liberal audience, there doesn't seem to be much hostility about concealed carrying of handguns. Really, most of those who contest it are people who live outside the USA in places where guns are either banned or restricted and their opinions don't matter.

If all gun owners were as trained and responsible like this Uber driver, the US gun problem would be a lot smaller.
The people in Chicago were very LUCKY that the uber driver was armed at all. Cities love to disarm their populace.

I personally find it strange that given this forum's huge liberal audience, there doesn't seem to be much hostility about concealed carrying of handguns. Really, most of those who contest it are people who live outside the USA in places where guns are either banned or restricted and their opinions don't matter.
Most people outside of the US who have it all figured out because it "works for them".  :cookieMonster: