Author Topic: Try and explain what color looks like to a blind from birth person.  (Read 6322 times)

wat
pretty sure blind means complete inability to register photons at all
it's called imagination
I'm not joking
it would be like you're dreaming 24/7, you'd see a mix of colors but wouldn't know what to call them.

Blind people also have no idea of how vision works at all from what I understand; they understand things on a grid but not perspective and how all lines go down to one point. Without being able to explain that you might as well give up on color.

Pretty sure that'd be more light sensitivity (eg telling differences in colour) and not literally seeing more colours. That would probably be more a commonplace thing if it were the case.
http://www.businessinsider.com/woman-can-see-99-million-more-colors-than-everyone-else-2012-6

le internet wood never lie

if you have no optic connection from your brain to your eyes you don't see black, i think. it is literally nothing. it's like trying to see out of your elbow.

Some blind people can actually navigate objects accurately; they may not be able to perceive their surroundings accurately (much less color), but they have an awareness to an extent.