Author Topic: quad on the model.  (Read 1581 times)

How Extrude did made quad sphere at milkshape, can you explain that? I bet Extrude knew how do it correct quad face on the model really good job.

UV sphere that looks like it has quads. This is what it LOOKS LIKE. This is what you SEE.

It doesn't have a single quad. They are all tris. This is what it ACTUALLY IS. This is what is EXPORTED to Blockland.

Two planar tris that share an edge = Looks like 1 quad but is 2 triangles.

Two non-planar tris that share an edge = Looks like 2 triangles.

Actual quads.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:15:11 AM by Demian »

Wow nice! Which easy use milkshape or blender, wing3d ?

Wow nice! Which easy use milkshape or blender, wing3d ?
In my opinion Wings3D is the easiest, then MilkShape and Blender. Out of these Blender is the most powerful and MilkShape + Wings3D are equally crappy. Modeling wise Blender is the best, then MilkShape and Wings3D.

Blender is your all around best choice but it is also quite difficult to learn and it will take days before you can do anything worth while. Look at a lot of video tutorials. A lot of them.

In my opinion Wings3D is the easiest, then MilkShape and Blender. Out of these Blender is the most powerful and MilkShape + Wings3D are equally crappy. Modeling wise Blender is the best, then MilkShape and Wings3D.

Blender is your all around best choice but it is also quite difficult to learn and it will take days before you can do anything worth while. Look at a lot of video tutorials. A lot of them.
That what you using Blender model import to OJB for BLB format, that how you did it, correct? It time for me start learn make the blender model. If I have some question, I will ask you or others. Wonderful, you did good job explain to me.

EDIT: how I use the mouse on the model view around?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 04:41:55 AM by Cubelands »

That what you using Blender model import to OJB for BLB format, that how you did it, correct? It time for me start learn make the blender model. If I have some question, I will ask you or others. Wonderful, you did good job explain to me.

EDIT: how I use the mouse on the model view around?
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=139047.0

You can export to .OBJ in Blender.