Author Topic: Server Greeting  (Read 3934 times)

it's an overly harsh reason for banning. but now i know what servers to avoid.

??
I'd do it too. no room on my server for people who aren't going to be polite
There are too many rude lil stuffs, they should be thanking me for letting them come to my servers

If I say hello to someone and they do not reply I get really pissed off. If I see they're moving when they spawn and still haven't replied, I usually perma them.
Could be that they either don't know how to type, think you may be addressing someone else, or are more interested with exploring the game because they don't know it that well.

Assume ignorance, not aggression.

Could be that they either don't know how to type, think you may be addressing someone else, or are more interested with exploring the game because they don't know it that well.
Assume ignorance, not aggression.
if you don't know how to communicate then don't play an online game
and even if you only want to play the game there's absolutely no reason not to respond when the host of a server says hey to you

I always say 'hai' when I join a server or someone joins my server problem solved :p

and even if you only want to play the game there's absolutely no reason not to respond when the host of a server says hey to you
If a noob's not going to respond, I cut them some slack.  No point in banning them for being "incapable of socializing".

If a noob's not going to respond, I cut them some slack.  No point in banning them for being "incapable of socializing".
if I continue to talk to them and they still don't respond I will tell them how to type a message. historically however this does absolutely no good and they continue to be silent
so that means there's one player pointlessly taking up the limited space available on my server
and generally I wouldn't get rid of them immediately but if the amount of players climbs towards the limit then I will ban them
I would, however, ban someone capable of talking who specifically ignored my hello, because that is undeniably rude and I don't want that person on my server

What if someone connects, realizes he's downloading 4000 files, and goes afk while it loads?

What if someone connects, realizes he's downloading 4000 files, and goes afk while it loads?
then they should say "afk" or something first but whatever
if someone doesn't respond at all then I will assume they're afk or new, and in either case I wouldn't ban them unless the server was near the player limit

I don't understand this?

Sometimes on Freebuild servers, I spend my entire stay completely silent.
Most of the time, I hardly talk on servers unless I'm with someone I feel familiar around.

What about people with chat disabled?

When I'm on my "Do whatever" Server people just say "Hi" then leave sometimes if there is too much downloading.

They also ask for admin, I say no,Then they say "But its a Do whatever" then I say "Its a 'Do whatever' not a 'get what you want' server." then I ban.

I'm just alone on my server sometimes.

What about people with chat disabled?

I do this sometimes, as well
Especially if it's a freebuild server, with a lot of crap going on. Essentially, Badspot's Block Party.

If I say hello to someone and they do not reply I get really pissed off. If I see they're moving when they spawn and still haven't replied, I usually perma them.

-Furdle

Supreme idiot of Blockland