Author Topic: "Fact Sphere" New possible spammer?  (Read 4674 times)

I guess humour is not with the Blockland Forums.

I find this guy funny.

How the hell does the chat "impose on gameplay"?
Hes posting it so fast that it can actually disrupt normal chat and distract players.  It's sometimes only 1 second in between the "facts" he posts. 

I guess humour is not with the Blockland Forums.

I find this guy funny.

How the hell does the chat "impose on gameplay"?
it is probably funny the first few times, but repeating facts every 10 seconds for the whole time would get really annoying.

Hes posting it so fast that it can actually disrupt normal chat and distract players.  It's sometimes only 1 second in between the "facts" he posts. 

At the very most, he posts 3 posts at once, but usually just posts 1 and then waits about 10 - 15 seconds. I've encountered him 5 times and I'm still not tired of his educational sentences

At the very most, he posts 3 posts at once, but usually just posts 1 and then waits about 10 - 15 seconds. I've encountered him 5 times and I'm still not tired of his educational sentences

It isn't timed.
His bot searches for keywords in messages and posts something usually completely unrelated to the entire message, but just to the single word. It is very common for him to rapid-fire facts when the server has over 15 players and mostly repeats facts.

mostly repeats facts.

If that's the case, then he should obtain more facts. I am satisfied with learning that it's illegal to feed a moose an alcoholic beverage in Alaska.

Once he said the myth that cell phones can cause cancer. I then replied saying "That one is a myth" then he said, "No it isn't" so it's not entirely a bot, judging by that.

It is a real player actually playing Blockland, he/she has simply taken into use an alternative ego as a encyclopedia.

It is a real player actually playing Blockland, he/she has simply taken into use an alternative ego as a encyclopedia.

Are you sarcastic or did you read anything in this thread at all?  We already listed who it belongs too, and the video proves its a bot. 

Are you sarcastic or did you read anything in this thread at all?  We already listed who it belongs too, and the video proves its a bot. 
If it's a bot then how did it reply to me?

If it's a bot then how did it reply to me?
He posted a fact related to a keyword i said, as you said before.  Its a robot, it could be as sophisticated as Clever Bot for all we know. 

He posted a fact related to a keyword i said, as you said before.  Its a robot, it could be as sophisticated as Clever Bot for all we know. 

That is one well-made bot then.

It just takes stuff from wikipedia, and maybe a bit of chat from players, in its responses. As far as I know at least.

It just takes stuff from wikipedia, and maybe a bit of chat from players, in its responses. As far as I know at least.
He posts incorrect facts from the actual game itself, related to keywords that are said in the chat. 

There are two versions of Fact Sphere, let's take a look at both:

The first, which I like to call just "Fact Sphere" is just a simple bot with a script that has an array of phrases and a schedule event to go through each one, once it get's to the end it repeats it's self, I've seen the source code for Fact Sphere so I know how it works.

And the second, which I call "Fact Sphere 2.0" is much more complex. I'm surprised someone but that amount of effort into creating a bot like this. Fact Sphere 2.0 takes quotes from the chat and looks them up on the Internet. Most people assume it is from Wikipedia, which Is probably true since Wikipedia isn't too hard to take info from. Once Fact Sphere 2.0 finds the right page from a quote it will then say some information about it in the chat. Example: If I said "Chicken" in the chat, Fact Sphere 2.0 would then look up information about Chicken and display it in the chat.

There are two versions of Fact Sphere, let's take a look at both:

The first, which I like to call just "Fact Sphere" is just a simple bot with a script that has an array of phrases and a schedule event to go through each one, once it get's to the end it repeats it's self, I've seen the source code for Fact Sphere so I know how it works.

And the second, which I call "Fact Sphere 2.0" is much more complex. I'm surprised someone but that amount of effort into creating a bot like this. Fact Sphere 2.0 takes quotes from the chat and looks them up on the Internet. Most people assume it is from Wikipedia, which Is probably true since Wikipedia isn't too hard to take info from. Once Fact Sphere 2.0 finds the right page from a quote it will then say some information about it in the chat. Example: If I said "Chicken" in the chat, Fact Sphere 2.0 would then look up information about Chicken and display it in the chat.
  Thanks for clarifying.  There were a whole bunch of rumors going around about what it actually does.