Author Topic: My Reasons for Being Atheist  (Read 16920 times)

And now that you're a confirmed dumbass
explain, but leave out the stuff

Ha, I have no argument so I'm going to laugh at you through the internet. HA HA HA!
Hey it seems you totally forgot what you just said in the post above mine

let me quote it for you

Thank you for being redundant and repeating your entire statement again. That's a stupid argument. I can understand religion being used as fear and control but your theory is just downright stupid.

To paraphrase:

"YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID BECAUSE I SAID SO."

your theory is just downright stupid.
lol its not a theory. religion putting up fights against advancement is the crutch of the world.

you know how many years it took before the "civilized" nations even allowed people to look into a dead body for study?
thats 100s if years of medical advancement stopped by the church.

Hey it seems you totally forgot what you just said in the post above mine

let me quote it for you

To paraphrase:

"YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID BECAUSE I SAID SO."

I don't see who would benefit from slowing down the advancement of technology.

Also that just makes you a hypocrite. It doesn't justify it.

lol its not a theory. religion putting up fights against advancement is the crutch of the world.

you know how many years it took before the "civilized" nations even allowed people to look into a dead body for study?
thats 100s if years of medical advancement stopped by the church.

Oh ok that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for explaining that to me rather than making an irrelevant wall of text like IBan.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:35:16 PM by keonesan »

Here is religion in a nutshell.

The church believes the earth is the center of the universe.

Science believe the sun is the center of the universe.

Can you tell me which one of these beliefs would get you life imprisonment or death?

Thank god science because it got too out of hand for the church to control and now we are more civilized for it.

Oh ok my value as a human being is meaningless. I am nothing. I deserve jack stuff and I should just drop all my beliefs.

Can I go to heaven now?

The point of that was to state that we cannot give ourselves value, only God the creator can. We find our true value through His words and teachings in the bible and honest applications of those teachings to real life.

but imagine having a starwars is better then startrek fight with a super startrek nerd. but he dosnt know anything about startrek for some reason. but hes sitting there defending it to his death lol.

thats whats going on here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb2GmBkkaTU

Oh ok that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for explaining that to me rather than making an irrelevant wall of text unlike IBan.
you mean making an irrelevant wall of text like Iban.

I don't see who would benefit from slowing down the advancement of technology.

Also that just makes you a hypocrite. It doesn't justify it.

Oh ok that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for explaining that to me rather than making an irrelevant wall of text unlike IBan.
Because you are too stupid and/or ADD to read paragraphs I will now use simulated dialog and all capital letters.

1. "HEY GUYS MAYBE THE MOON ISN'T A SECOND SOURCE OF LIGHT, MAYBE IT JUST REFLECTS OFF THE SUN."
2. "BUT THE BIBLE SAYS THAT THE MOON IS A SOURCE OF LIGHT, RIGHT THERE IN GENESIS."
3. "MAYBE THE BIBLE IS WRONG? IT WAS WRITTEN A LONG TIME AGO."
4. "BITCH ASS MOTHERforgetER forget YOUR stuff I HOPE GOD SENDS YOU TO BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY."

The aggravated response to Line #3 exists because if anything in the Bible can be wrong, then that leaves room for anything in the bible to be wrong.

If anything in the bible can be wrong, then there is a possibility that god does not exist.

If god does not exist, there is no warm fuzzy feeling from talking to yourself with clasped hands at night. There is no justice for people who lived their entire life being starfishs. Serial killers that shoot themselves to avoid punishment don't actually roast in magma for all eternity, they just die like everyone else after living a modest life.

So, to protect your own peace of mind, you destroy all evidence that contradicts the Bible.

you mean making an irrelevant wall of text like Iban.

Thanks for the correction.

The point of that was to state that we cannot give ourselves value, only God the creator can. We find our true value through His words and teachings in the bible and honest applications of those teachings to real life.

Basically I have to read the bible and agree with every single aspect regardless of my personality/beliefs to value myself as a person? Until then I shouldn't contribute anything to society and show no respect towards myself or others.

MAKES SENSE TO ME!

Basically I have to read the bible and agree with every single aspect regardless of my personality/beliefs to value myself as a person? Until then I shouldn't contribute anything to society and show no respect towards myself or others.
No?

MAKES SENSE TO ME!
hey bro I'm atheist and even I think you're pulling stuff out of your ass.

hey bro I'm atheist and even I think you're pulling stuff out of your ass.

Well I'm sorry but that's how I'm interpreting what he means.

MAKES SENSE TO ME!

Self (moral) Value =/= Respect in this context

When I mean self value, I am talking about thinking your moral foundation and belief of how you came into existance is completely justified because we are free to believe what we think is right because we just can. Sorry for not clarifying this before. We are valued through an honest application of God's moral teachings into our everyday life. Your mindset that Christians are brainless drones with 0 self motive for anything at all isn't exactly helping out here.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:46:11 PM by Dodger »