3 (9.7%)
Mango
4 (12.9%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)
Mango
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Zombies in the Bluzone** [[CLOSING]]  (Read 482580 times)

I wonder, since the city was razed to the ground, how about a ruins portion of the map? It would lead from the medical bases.
Also WTF is going on in there?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:17:05 PM by Tomcat »

Two survivors look out around the new aa turret installed in the base.

ammo pile in the bar was removed
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:08:44 PM by Providence »

Are you kidding me? It was an event me and some other admins talked about. The Survivor Base was frequented too much, no one would ever leave or go anywhere. We decided to add a twist where the generator runs out of gas and the survivors are left in the dark and must move to another area. It was a nice change of pace. A day or two later we finally found some gas and restored the power, then I had to shut it down since no one was really doing anything anymore.

I'll have to fix the ammo pile, Ceist fixed it before. No idea what keeps happening.

I'll add a summary and wrap-up of today's events later.

Are you kidding me? It was an event me and some other admins talked about. The Survivor Base was frequented too much, no one would ever leave or go anywhere. We decided to add a twist where the generator runs out of gas and the survivors are left in the dark and must move to another area. It was a nice change of pace. A day or two later we finally found some gas and restored the power, then I had to shut it down since no one was really doing anything anymore.

I'll have to fix the ammo pile, Ceist fixed it before. No idea what keeps happening.

I'll add a summary and wrap-up of today's events later.
Well? It's not like you can set up a base anywhere else?

I think this server needs more melee weapons, and maybe random supply drops from an unknown group. But the drops would mostly be in the wild area.

Well? It's not like you can set up a base anywhere else?

Yes you can. There is a camp in the wild territory with fire, beds, crates etc. People stay there all the time, there's been a recent influx of people who tend to stay in the "safe zone" and look for weapons. Multiple times me and the other admins had to do something to keep the role-play going, some people never attempted to role-play. There are a handful of people who role-play quite well though, and make the server a good experience for others.

And even if you couldn't, people could try to improvise and pretend they are setting up camp. Like Knaz said, some people have acted out that they have been hit by a sniper when nothing has actually happened. But it's adds something to the role-play that people can build on. There haven't been many of those people lately.

I think this server needs more melee weapons, and maybe random supply drops from an unknown group. But the drops would mostly be in the wild area.

I don't understand why there are guns. If anything there should be less guns and more melee weapons. They should be scarce too, all anybody asks for is "Where are the guns?"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:07:36 PM by Awdax »

Yes you can. There is a camp in the wild territory with fire, beds, crates etc. People stay there all the time, there's been a recent influx of people who tend to stay in the "safe zone" and look for weapons. Multiple times me and the other admins had to do something to keep the role-play going, some people never attempted to role-play. There are a handful of people who role-play quite well though, and make the server a good experience for others.

And even if you couldn't, people could try to improvise and pretend they are setting up camp. Like Knaz said, some people have acted out that they have been hit by a sniper when nothing has actually happened. But it's adds something to the role-play that people can build on. There haven't been many of those people lately.

I don't understand why there are guns. If anything there should be less guns and more melee weapons. They should be scarce too, all anybody asks for is "Where are the guns?"
You should ask Kniaz to put that in the OP, then, because you're right about that. Also, there should be checkpoints in those places, so people can go back there when they re-connect.
Also Awdax you cigarettet get on steam.

imo op needs better topic picture; too bright and not getting the feel of terror

i could do something animated like I did with Althur if you'd like

A group of survivors rest and talk about a lost comrade.
there goes me babbling about my brother

A survivor eavesdrops on two others discussing their plans to separate from the main group, and start their own faction.

Things have been going downhill for the survivors. More and more are becoming sick each day, and the infected population seems to be expanding. More survivors are turning against each other, and factions seem to be brewing. Activity in the Survivor Base has reached an all time high. Some are afraid to encounter the dangers that wait for them beyond the bases' walls.

Two men in hazmat suits demand a male and female survivor.

Along with the activity at the Survivor Base, the military has become more aware of their presence. Two scientists equipped with hazmat gear were flown into the base. They were sent to test the survivors in hopes of finding a potential cure. A male and female were taken to the Medical Outpost located in the Survivor Base. Other survivors were warned not to disrupt them, as the punishment would be fatal. The men demanded saliva, urine and stool samples from both subjects. They seem to carry the disease, but are not affected by it until the body completely shuts down. Before anymore tests could be conducted, a group of survivors broke down the gates to the outpost, killing the scientists in the process. After not hearing back from them for two days, the military raided the survivor base. Survivors refused to leave their "home" and fought. Luckily no one was killed, just minor injuries. Military personnel had left behind a Standard Issue Military Jeep. Survivors rode said jeep out to the Wild Territory, obtained the Anti-Aircraft Gun, and returned it to the Survivor Base to defend themselves from anymore military sweeps.

Survivors are left in the darkness.

The following night, the generators powering the Survivor Base ran out of gas - shrouding the area in darkness. Soon after, survivors  had run out of firewood and kindle. A mass of infected attacked the base, possibly trailing the sounds of gunfire from the day before. Survivors were beaten and tired, many fled to the camp by the Wild Territory. Activity soon decreased in the Survivor Base as many spread out on the land in search of supplies. A group of survivors packed thermoses with them in an attempt to extract gas from the Underground Labs. They soon returned, and restored power to the Survivor Base.

These past few days for the survivors have been rough, making them wonder if surviving is even worth it at this point. There seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. The forming of factions seems to be bringing a new danger to the ones who refuse to disband from the group. Though, the military's presence has dropped - possibly due to them wiping out the survivors after the last sweep.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:47:15 PM by Awdax »

Your Name:
Plad
Character Name:
Sean "Plad" McHenry
Character Age:

I really wanted to slap on a Bluzone logo to this. I'm setting up a different render right now, it will showcase the pipeline and the dangers of the ravine.

You should put the Characters on it like that one KF poster.

Could you explain that some more and link me to this poster?

Actually, I have an idea for something similar to what you are talking about.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:53:31 PM by Awdax »