Author Topic: thoughts on polyamory  (Read 4521 times)

i wouldn't do a poly relationship but if a group of people are into that then more power to them

i wouldn't do a poly relationship but if a group of people are into that then more power to them
yeah see this is a great attitude about it. i totally get not being into the multiple people thing, i once felt very jealous in that situation because i wanted to be considered #1 to everyone and i always wanted to be everyone's center of attention, but i've kinda edged off of that and now that i'm doing it myself it's much more comfortable and i understand the appeal of it.

it'll still forget with me plenty, but i think monogamy (amory? what?) would forget with me more. ya feel?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:19:49 AM by hodot »

let's remember that -gamy means marriage

let's remember that -gamy means marriage
monamory? monoamory? the forget is it? i knew the thing about gamy but i didn't want it to sound forgety

monamory? monoamory? the forget is it? i knew the thing about gamy but i didn't want it to sound forgety
forget I LITERALLY HAD THE WORD IN MY HEAD AND REMEMBER HAVING THE WORD IN MY HEAD WHEN I WAS TYPING THAT RESPONSE BUT IT'S NOT THERE ANYMORE

edit: its monoamory

forget I LITERALLY HAD THE WORD IN MY HEAD AND REMEMBER HAVING THE WORD IN MY HEAD WHEN I WAS TYPING THAT RESPONSE BUT IT'S NOT THERE ANYMORE

edit: its monoamory
aight thanks

I think it doesn't work personally. Jealousy and favouritism are extremely likely to occur.

I think it doesn't work personally. Jealousy and favouritism are extremely likely to occur.
the thing is, relationships are complicated things. a lot of things happen to make them the way they are for some people

sometimes it works out really well for some people, and sometimes it doesn't. something to take into consideration is that polyamorous relationships typically dont just happen like monogamous ones do. its not like you meet two (or more) people you like one day, go on a couple dates over the next few weeks and decide you're all a couple. some people spend months to years just getting comfortable and doing things with each other before actually agreeing to a relationship

im a firm believer in the idea that love has no boundaries. people can make anything work if they approach it right and treat it right
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:44:21 AM by mod-man »

Idk man, it's confusing. I've never had a polyamorous relationship before. I've had several FWB's, but if I understand correctly there's a difference. You consider each of your partners to be a boyfriend / girlfriend right?

I'm naturally polyamorous, but my gf is the opposite. I've been pretty verbal about it and she understands. It makes relationships kinda awkward when your partner isn't into it.

I don't think its a bad thing as long as everyone agrees to it.

Idk man, it's confusing. I've never had a polyamorous relationship before. I've had several FWB's, but if I understand correctly there's a difference. You consider each of your partners to be a boyfriend / girlfriend right?
it hasn't really gotten to that point with anybody so far. it could happen but rn i'm just having fun with multiple people

tbh the biggest thing u learn from highschool relationships is that people change.

ive been in a poly relationship btw, im not polyamorous however. AMA
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:39:41 AM by Donnies Catch »

tbh the biggest thing u learn from highschool relationships is that people change.

ive been in a poly relationship btw, im not polyamorous however. AMA
hey this is my thread