1 (2%)
9/10
1 (2%)
10/10
7 (13.7%)
Sticky please
33 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Spectrum's Looping Tutorial [Audacity Method] / Help Topic  (Read 9054 times)

Ima use this. Thanks!
Very helpful for anyone attempting to make loops for the community.

Nice job, Spectrum.

c:

The actual filesize limit for music files is 1MB. You can usually afford to make music loops that are up to about 1:30s long, but if you want longer music loops you will either have to reduce the quality rate or compress the file.

One trick I always do is this: When I am at the part where you split the stereo track to mono, I split it and delete one of the audio tracks, but ONLY if both tracks are similar, otherwise the song will sound incomplete. Doing this appears to literally chop the filesize in half and not only allows me to have longer loops, but it also is an easy way to bypass having to review the file later to make sure it is of the right amplification.

This is why:
When you export a file with two mono tracks, the two tracks merge to create a larger filesize as well as a loop that may be too loud, as it doubles the amplification level. The usual end result of this is a file that is way too loud (causing it to sound scratchy) and too big in filesize to work with Blockland. Usually you cannot tell if it is too loud until you have already exported it and it is too late.

Either way, it is best to post online downloads for your longer music files if you want people to download all the music for your server. Nobody wants to wait 30+ minutes just to download 10 massive music files.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:33:45 PM by Planr »

I actually still have the slight thought of trusting the site.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:12:05 AM by CharlesSpeaking »

Very nice, but I prefer recording from "Stereo Mix".

Theres so many tutorials out there

When i press delete, nothing happens.

what

When i press delete, nothing happens.

what
well for some reason you have to play it first then its able to delete the part. I dont know why they made it like that.

I Tried this, And the song Won't pop up in the Music Files, Why is that?!?!

I Tried this, And the song Won't pop up in the Music Files, Why is that?!?!
Check that the file is under 1024kb, if it's larger than that it won't show up.