Author Topic: "Tension" submitted to DrumNBass.net! Wish me luck!  (Read 1110 times)

Yeah okay, music is subjective and convention doesn't matter, yada yada yada, but I do have actual experience.
Experience with what?

I absolutely love this song
It's nice to hear some slow Drum & Bass every once and awhile

I absolutely love this song
It's nice to hear some slow Drum & Bass every once and awhile
Thanks. I was hoping you'd like it. :)

its really slow and it seems like the volume of it fluctuates throughout the song.
id call this drum...                               and.....                                 bass....

Better than your last song in terms of production quality, but still pretty repetitive and uninteresting. Seems more like garage than dnb

its really slow and it seems like the volume of it fluctuates throughout the song.
id call this drum...                               and.....                                 bass....
Not all DnB has to be fast. This is technically still DnB - 160 BPM, and the style is the same. However, I had no hi-hats, and I kept the number of snare hits pretty low. This makes it feel slower than conventional DnB.

As for the fluctuations - that's partly due to heavy compression, and partly due to the fact that I'm still somewhat new to proper mastering.

Better than your last song in terms of production quality, but still pretty repetitive and uninteresting. Seems more like garage than dnb
Much of DnB is repetitive, but whether or not it's interesting is up to the listener. Also, it may be repetitive, but it's layered repetitiveness, which varies throughout the song. Layering is key in drum and bass. If you want to discuss true repetitiveness, look up producers like deadmau5 (not saying it's low quality, just repetitive).

Also, this is definitely DnB.