Author Topic: Why do some people think the plural for LEGO is LEGOS  (Read 4120 times)

That's really off.

You wouldn't say boxes of lego.
unless, of course, you had multiple boxes that each contained either a single lego brick or multiple bricks, depending on how you view "lego" as a plural.

Wat.
When i was a kid i asked people how many legos they had not how many lego they had.
I always used "how much lego do you have?".

I've always used Lego for the singular and the plural.
For me, it works the same way as the words "Sheep" and "Fish".

Both "Sheep" and "Fish" are fine for the singular and plural, but if you say "Sheeps" or "Fishes" then that's also fine, but I'll also think you a bit thick, because it's a short step from there to "Sheepies" and "Fishies".

Edit:
This is a good point.
If I recall correctly lego stands for "Play on" so Legos= "Play ons"
It comes from the Danish phrase "leg godt" meaning "Play Well", so it would be reasonable to say that "Legos" means "Play Wells", which obviously isn't right and doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 07:01:33 PM by sir dooble »

if this bothers the OP so much he has some anger problems or something because i dont give a stuff how people say it

Yeah well even LEGO has something to say about this
Wat. Why do they care lol?
That's like if Badspot posted on the forums telling people never to say "blocklands" in place of "blockland servers".

I always thought the plural for it was "legoes"

I always thought the plural was "biplane"

stuff, I know how you feel.

Lego means: "Watch me build" in Dutch, I have no idea what happens when you say Legos.

Now everyone stop being a monday.

The plural of orange is oranges.
The plural of jacket is jackets.
The plural of Game Boy is Game Boys.
The plural of chair is chairs.

The same reasoning should apply here.

The plural of orange is oranges.
The plural of jacket is jackets.
The plural of Game Boy is Game Boys.
The plural of chair is chairs.

The same reasoning should apply here.
It's Dutch, English doesn't apply here.

why do you guys concern yourself with such trivial stuff as what the plural of "lego" is

honestly who cares lol

why do you guys concern yourself with such trivial stuff as what the plural of "lego" is

honestly who cares lol
Clearly, some of the people in this topic.

honestly who cares lol
I know, no one actually gives a stuff, but half of the topics on the Blockland Forums are idiotic and complete bull stuff but I know that if I said that I'd get banned.

Oops, sue me.

it's legos, op
you call multiple bmw cars bmws
you call multiple mac computers macs
etc